It is quite easy if you are in the US and looking forward to getting a German visa. Besides whether you need a visa to enter Germany, it depends on how long you want to stay there. You don't require a German visa as long as you stay for 90 days to 180 days for business, tourism, short-term studies, sports and cultural events, or medical treatments. But if you plan to stay longer, like to study in Germany, or Want to settle in Germany, you must apply for a National Visa.
However, if you wonder, 'How do I get a visa for Germany from the US? The article below will update you and educate you in this regard. Stay tuned for complete information.
Getting a Visa For Germany From the US
Here are the general steps you must follow when applying for a German visa from the US.
- First, choose the correct Visa type you want to apply for
- Then select the correct Visa Application center
- You need to fix an appointment with the BLS Visa Application Centre
- Then, collect all the required documents for your Visa
- You can then pay for the Visa Fee and then Submit the Application
- Once the application is sent, you can wait for the reply
Is Germany Student Visa Easy to Get?
It is quite simple to get a German Student Visa. As per the various online research, it has been found that the success rate of German student visas is approximately 95%. In simple words, you can say that if 100 people are applying for a German student Visa, 95 are getting successful.
How To Apply for Germany Student Visa?
To learn How to apply for German student visa?, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
Step 1: Apply for a German Student Program
This is the first step for your German student Visa application. Whether you want to join a study program or language course, you must present proof of acceptance to the German institute. If you are not being accepted or awaiting a response, apply for a student applicant visa and present proof that you applied.
Step 2: Look for a German Diplomatic Mission in the US
Now, find the correct German Diplomatic Mission in the US processing a Student Visa. There are several diplomatic offices available in the US that deal with student visa applications. Choose the one that is nearby to your place.
Step 3: Fix an appointment for Visa Submission
Once you find out the nearest German embassy/consulate for Visa Processing, make an appointment in advance for application submission. Remember, without any prior appointment, you cannot submit the application.
Step 4: Collect the Documents
Before your appointment date, ensure to collect the required documents for your German student visa application. The documents generally include a passport, academic qualification, Financial support proof, and other necessary documents. If you don't have the required documents during the appointment, your Visa application might be rejected.
Step 5: Submit Your Application
On the Visa appointment date, visit the embassy or consulate and submit all necessary documents. You might also need to submit the biometric data(Fingerprints) and go for the Visa Interview.
Step 6: Pay the Visa Fee
Based on the German diplomatic Mission, you might need to complete the payment for the visa fee on the appointment date at the embassy or consulate.
Step 7: Wait for the reply
Once the application is submitted, you can sit and relax until the embassy processes your application and provides an answer.
How Much Money do I Need for German Student Visa?
If you are applying for a student visa, the visa fee costs around 81.59 $ & for minors; it costs around 40.79 $. How much money do I need for German student visa?
In addition, you must show the German Embassy that you have a minimum 12 192.49 $ per year. Most of the time, you might also need to open a blocked account in Germany and transfer the money there. Based on your embassy, you can pay visa fees either in cash or a credit card; other payments might also be available based on the office.
What are the German student Visa Requirements?
While applying for a German student visa, ensure you have all Germany Student Visa Requirements listed below. You must have these because any missing documents might lead to your visa rejection.
- Two photocopies of your passport.
- Two filled and signed national visa forms.
- Valid national passport and birth certificate.
- Marriage certificate (in case of marriage).
- Child's certificate (if you have any).
- Two recent biometric portrait photographs.
- Photocopies of German residence titles. (If you have been to Germany earlier).
- Previous Schengen Visa.
- Previous Resident Permit.
- Proof of Financial Resources: You must meet the financial requirements to be granted your German student visa. Based on the situation, you should have one of the following:
Blocked Bank Account. You might need to open a blocked account that German Embassies and Consulates accept.
Commitment Letter. You need a commitment letter from someone in Germany who shows that they will cover your accommodation or other living costs.
Declaration Letter. You must submit a declaration letter from your parents saying they will provide you with financial support while you are in Germany.
Scholarship certificate. If you get a scholarship award, it must show what will be covered by the scholarship and you are a financial coverage receiver.
- Admission Proof: (Any of the following)
- University admission letter: Letter of admission in German language course/ foundation/propaedeutic.
- Original certificates of previous education.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Motivational Letter: This letter should explain why you have chosen any particular degree program and what your future plans are.
- Travel Health Insurance: That covers the period from your departure to the enrolment in the German University- around three months.
- Proof of Visa application fee payments
- German language proficiency proof for German or Mixed language programs.
- Proof of English language proficiency for English or mixed-language programs
What is the German Student Visa Processing Time?
Mostly, the German Missions in the United States take around 25 days to process your student visa once the interview is done. However, If they ask for additional documents or are processing several visa applications, German Student Visa processing time could take a few weeks.
Conclusion: By walking through the information above, hopefully, you get an answer to the query, 'How do I get a visa for Germany from the US? What are the Documents required, what is the processing time, German visa fee, etc.? For more information or if you still have any doubts, let us know your thoughts in the box view.