Air France flights are the best when it comes to services and deals. Certain perks are offered as a part of the Air France reservation. There are certain things that travellers are required to do in order to get started with making changes to the Air France reservations.
If you are interested in making desired changes to your flight reserved with Air France, then you have come to the exact right place. In this excerpt, we are going to cover the steps that one needs to take in order to change their flight ticket reserved with Air France. All you are required to do is follow the inclusions of this paper and without much ado, let us get straight into this.
Air France Flight Change Policy
- In case the validity of the risk-free period is gone, passengers would have to pay for the flight change fee at Air France.
- Moreover, there are certain other things associated with flight change. If you are at the airport and at the airline office and would request a fee change with Air France, then travellers are required to pay an additional administration fee along with the flight change charges.
It is mandatory to have a comprehensive screening of the Air France Flight Change Policy. The inclusion of this policy allows passengers a scope so that they can understand the terms and conditions associated with Air France flight change.
How To Change Flight Date Air France?
Air France tickets allow passengers a scope through which they are able to make changes to the dates that they reserved with Air France.
For performing the required or desired changes to your Air France flight, travellers are supposed to go through the Air France change policy issued by the airline.
A fee is charged by the airline, for making changes to your flight.
Air France advised passengers to connect with them individually if they would like to proceed with the changes that they wish to make. Even if you have made a reservation with a third party.
How Much Does it Cost To Change A Flight To Air France?
If you are wondering about the costs incurred as far as changes to your Air France reservation is concerned, then you need to get details regarding the costs and charges associated with a Flight change at Air France.
If you would like to make changes to your flight at Air France then you are about to shell somewhere around 30-45 dollars per ticket.
And if you would like to proceed with the changes at the airport then there are some additional charges that are levied on the passengers.
How to Make Air France Change Flight Requests?
Passengers have the below-mentioned means to raise a Change flight request for the Air France flights.
Passengers are required to visit the official website of Air France and there you will find the My Trip option. Click on the manage my booking option and then select the Change flight option. You will then be redirected to yet another page, select the flight that you wish to change, proceed with the payment, and you are done.
- At the airport.
- Over the call by connecting with the customer service representatives at Air France.
Why Can't I Change My Air France Flight?
Air France always works with the passenger's satisfaction and allows you to change the flight ticket online. Sometimes when you proceed to change the flight ticket, you cannot do so. This can happen because your flight is departed or the check-in portal of the air France flight is closed. As per the rules, you are allowed to change the flight before the departure or at the time of check-in. If you proceed to change the flight after that, then this will be considered a no-show policy.
Air France Same-Day Change
Air France allows you to change or modify the journey on the date of departure. If you proceed to change the travel dates on the same date, then charges will be applied accordingly. For this, you need to perform the below simple steps:
- First, you are required to visit the Air France official website on any browser of your device.
- Then, you need to select the My booking portal available at the top of the screen.
- From there, you need to add the booking reference number with your last name and tap on the search button.
- With this, you will see the reservation details on the new screen where you can make the changes.
- You need to select the booking you want to change from the given details and tap on the flight change button.
- You need to add the new travel dates from the calendar and lookup for the flights on the new page.
- You will see the list of flights operating on your travel dates from which you can choose accordingly.
- Once you proceed further, you need to make the payment accordingly and complete the process.
- Air France will immediately send you the confirmation message for the flight change at your registered email id.
Air France Change Flight Policy:
- To change the travel dates, you need to learn some terms and conditions that are mentioned below:
- If you want to change the travel dates within 24 hours of the purchase, you don't need to pay any fees or costs. According to this rule, you must have purchased the ticket at least seven days before the departure.
- But if you proceed to change the dates after 24 hours, you need to pay the charges that will calculate according to the difference between the new and existing flight ticket.
- Once you change the flight, you can see the new flight cost is more than the existing ticket. In this case, you need to pay the difference to complete the changes.
- If the difference between both the flights is less, air France will issue the refund in the form of travel credit that you can use in a future reservation.
- If you have purchased the ticket with online travel agencies, you need to connect with them to obtain the new travel dates.
Can I Change Passenger Name on Air France Flight Ticket?
Yes, Air France allows passengers' name change for free on flight tickets at least three days before the departure on partner airlines, which is subject to the approval of partner airlines. You need to directly talk to the Flying blue service center for name correction on award tickets.
How Do I Change A Passenger Name on Air France?
If you wish to modify The passenger's name on Air France, the airline provides online and offline ways to correct the name. If you have no idea about it, here are the quick steps below for reference.
Air France Name Change Online
Follow the procedure below if you change your passenger's name online.
- Head to the official site of Air France is airfrance.com
- Select the country and then look for the Manage Booking section on the homepage
- Provide your last name and booking reference number to access the booking details
- Now check out the relevant options required for name modifications
- Now, as per the information in your passport, correct your name
- Make sure you double-check the entries before finally submitting the application
- Pay the applicable change fee mentioned on your screen
- After you complete the process, the airline will send you a confirmation email for the new tickets
Air France Name Change Offline
Air France also provides a solution if you don't find online procedures feasible. Here are the alternate options below for your reference; you can opt to make a name change on your Air France ticket.
By Calling the Air France Service Line
- Dial Air France customer service number +353 16 590 442 on your mobile
- Press one to choose English and then follow the IVR phone menu
- Choose the most appropriate options running on the call
- Go ahead with the options that connect your call to the love agent
- Once connected, you can request the airline for a name change and follow further instructions.
Airport Ticket Counter
You can visit the airport and meet in person at the Air France ticket counter. You can request the agent that you wish to modify the name.
Self Service center or Kiosk
You can also make corrections in your name by visiting the Self Service center or Kiosk at the airport. Take assistance from the Air France representative if you are stuck at any points.
Air France allows name changes free of cost for a certain period. However, you need to pay the name change fee if you fail to make changes in a given time period. Here check out the details for the name change fee.
Air France Name Change Fee
The airline does not charge any name change fee unless you make corrections at least 30 hours before the departure of KLM, Air France, and Kenya Airways, and in the case of a partner airline, it is 72 hours before the departure.
However, if you correct after the above period, you might have to pay a name change fee of around $20 to $50 for making changes at the Airport/Ticket office or tickets booked via a third party.
Air France Name Change Policy
Knowing about the name change process and fee is not enough; there are certain terms and conditions which you should know before proceeding with the name change. Here mentioned the highlights of the name change policy for your reference; go through it to make the modifications hassle-free.
- As per the name change policy of the airline, you can make corrections to your name details on the PNR.
- You can only conduct minor changes (Type errors) in your ticket.
- You don't need to pay any fee if you make changes at least 30 minutes before the departure of Air France tickets.
- In the case of partner airlines, the name change window for free is 72 hours before departure.
- The Air France name change policy allows you to modify only a few characters in your name.
- If you don't wish to travel to Air France, or by mistake you put another name on the ticket, the Air France transfer ticket to another person is not allowed. In that case, you will have to cancel the booking and make a new reservation with the correct passenger's name.
- You need to pay a certain amount of name change fee that varies from $20 to $50 if you fail to make changes within the stipulated period.
- If you are a visitor, you can either opt for an online or traditional way to modify your ticket.
- Furthermore, if the name change is due to marriage/divorce, you can change the name by submitting relevant documents.
- The airline accepts your ticket if the full name appears in a different order, that is, without spaces and, or, with a salutation in your name.
Moreover, you can also get through with the customer service team of air France and speak with the representative. They will help you to learn about the flight change with air France.
Read Also: How do I get in touch with Air France?
Frequently Asked Questions
If a passenger is looking the change the flight with Air France, there has an online method of Air France Change Flight from which you can easily change your flight. For this,
- Open the Air France online portal
- Then, go for my booking/ check-in
- Enter the receipt number and your surname and move to the search box
- Select the flight and edit your booking
- Apply for a change the flight request after cancellation
- And, get a refund by submitting the payback request.
Yes, Air France will make another mode of changing the flight that is calling mode. For this, you have to make a call on 1 860 590 8822 OR 1-805-372-0680. And make a request for the flight change and after changing it, the Air France person will change your flight. Thereafter, the Air France will send you the verification mail on your device or system.
This is Air France's Seat Change Policy to help you change seats on airlines.
- If your trip or travel dates change, you can transfer your preferred seat selection to your new flight under My Reservations.
- If the seat you originally selected is no longer available on your new flight, you can request a refund through the Contact Us section of the website.
A passenger can modify their date from Air France, for this, you have to follow the following steps that are:
- Browse the Air France on your device,
- And, look for the manage my trip/ reservation/ check-in
- Then, enter all the essential detail of the reservation number and your name
- Search the flight of booked seats
- Go to the settings and edit your date at Air France
- After changing it and saving it
The confirmation will be sent on your phone on your linked mail and text.
Do you want to modify your flight on Air France? The difficulty is that you don't know how much it will cost you. Don't be involved! Air France will not give you a massive bill for a flight change. A flight change on Air France will only take the Air France Change Flight Fee you between USD 20 and USD 35.
To find out the exact cost of an Air France flight modification, you must contact its customer service live representative at any time. Its customer service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
In addition, here is Air France's date change policy, which will help you obtain cancellations and refunds from Air France,
The departure of your first flight, without prejudice to the price restrictions of your ticket. If the price of your new ticket is higher, you will only be charged the difference in fee.
For a refund,
You can request a refund at any time during the first year from the date of acquisition. Refunds are only authorized for tickets purchased before March 1, 2022, for travel on or before June 30, 2022, up to the departure of your first flight. If the fare rules of your ticket prevent you from receiving a refund, you will receive a one-year