United Airlines is one of the top airlines, and it offers numerous services to its passengers so that they make their journey a good one. If you are thinking about a trip and want to carry your cat, then you need to follow all the guidelines set by United Airlines. If your pet relies on all the policies, then you are allowed to carry your pet on the flight. There are numerous ways, policies, and procedures for carrying a pet you will get, as given below.
Can I Fly My Cat on United?
Yes, you can carry your cat at United Airlines. You can add pet services by using online and offline procedures. You can also contact United customer service representatives to check more about the pet policies and procedures.
Does United Airlines Accept Cats in the Cabin?
Yes, United Airlines allows cats in the cabin. You need to make the check-in for your pet as well. You can visit to the United Airlines website and click on the My Trip option, and enter your name and your pet's booking confirmation number in the following sections.
If you want to carry your cat in the cabin, then you need to carry them in a hard or soft carrier.
What are the Restrictions for Carrying a Cat on a United Airlines Flight?
There some restrictions which are set by United Airlines for bringing a cat on the flight are given below:
- The passenger who was traveling with the cat did not get a seat near the emergency exit and in the bulkhead.
- United Airlines allowed a maximum of 4 pets in the economy and all the classes.
- Pets without a carrier are not allowed in the cabin.
- You can only carry the dogs and the cats with you on the United Airlines flight.
What is United Airlines' Pet Policy for International Flights?
United Airlines' pet policy international flights through which you are allowed to carry the pets in the cabin are as per described below:
- United Airlines has set an age limit for pets. If your pet is at least eight weeks old, then you can take them with you. Cats and dogs must be of 4 months to travel on the flights.
- If you carry your pet in the hard kennel, then the size of the carrier must be 7.5 inches in height, 17.5 inches in length, and 12 inches in width. For the soft carrier, the size is 11 inches in height, 18 in length, and 11 in width.
- You need to submit the required documents at the help desk, such as a medical certificate, training certificate, and permission letter, so that you can carry your pet on the flight.
How Much Does United Charge For a Cat/Pet?
United Airlines charges at least 125 dollars to carry a cat on the flight. The charges vary from ticket to ticket and the traveling destinations. You cannot add a pet on the United Airlines application.
Use the calling process to add a pet at United Airlines:
You can contact the customer support agent by dialing the number at 1-800-864-8331. After calling the number, your call will be routed to an automated voice, and it will assist you with the options. As per your requirements, you need to make a choice from the options, and then the call will be directed to United Airlines. The information you need to follow is mentioned below:
- Press 1 to make the reservation.
- Press 2 to check the refund policies.
- Press 3 for priority boarding.
- Press 4 to add the pet.
- Press 5 for newspapers and magazines.
- Press 6 to upgrade the seat.
- Press 7 to cancel the ticket.
- Press 8 to direct the call to United Airlines customer service.
How Much Does it Cost to Fly a Dog on United?
Dogs are the best companions as they are loyal and friendly. And if you have a companion like that, you will want to take them with you. So, you do not need to be worried if you have to take your pet with you as you have booked your flight with United Airlines. But everyone who wants to be budget friendly must be stressed about How much does it cost to fly a dog on United? So United will charge you $125, and that would be an each-way fee. Also, remember that you can not use the travel voucher for that. For information, you can read the paragraph below.
Do dogs fly free on United?
If you want your dog to see the world around you and wonder, Do dogs fly free on United? So, United has to charge you $125 to add a pet to your travel, and the fee is fixed for everyone. There would be no change.
Does United fly dogs in Cargo?
United doesn’t have a facility for Cargo; it is only allowed for military and PCS orders. With United, you can only carry your pet in the cabin, which should meet the limits of the Airline.
How do you fly with a 25-pound dog on United?
As long as you carry your pet in the cabin, United has no weight limitations for dogs. But the dog's carrier should be hard-sided or soft-sided, and it needs to fit in the plane's seat; otherwise, you are not allowed to fly with the pet. In a single carrier, you can carry two pets, but they must be friendly with each other.
How can I book a pet with United Airlines?
As there is a limit, only five pets are allowed in a single flight. Before booking a flight for your dog, you must check it out with the help of United Airlines customer service, and after that, you can look out for the procedure that is mentioned below.
- Go to the domain of United Airlines through your preferred browser.
- And then, sign up by writing your Email id and password.
- Then to retrieve all your bookings go to the manage booking option.
- And to see your ticket details add your booking reference number and last name.
- On the next page, all your booking information can be seen, and you will find out the add a pet option.
- And then fill out a form required that in that you need to fill up all the details of your pet, which is mandatory
- Pay the amount of your pet reservation.
- And on your registered number, you will get the information that you have successfully added the pet to your travel.
Mention the Pet Policy of United Airlines
It is important to go through the pet rules and regulations of United Airlines if you want to add a pet during your travel. And those policies we have mentioned below, you can read them out.
- Within the continental United States, passengers can carry domestic cats and dogs in the cabin.
- United Airlines will demand a health certificate of your pet in which you need to submit the anti-rabies vaccination.
- If you are carrying your pet, then it must be four months, and it needs to fit comfortably in the carrier.
- The carrier of your pet will be counted as carry-on luggage, and only one pet is allowed in a carrier. However, passengers can buy another ticket for the second pet.
- If you are a business class flyer, then pets are not allowed in the cabin.
- You have to inform customer service that you are carrying the pet by calling them at 1-800-864-8331.
- At the time of check-in, passengers who are traveling with animals need to check in at the curbside. As well as you have to pay an amount at the time of check-in.