If you reside in the USA and are thinking of traveling to Singapore, then there is no issue, as you can quickly get a Visa within a few days. There are multiple modes available through which you can apply for a Visa, provide all the required documents, and pay the applicable amount. For more information or assistance, you can get to the official website of Singapore Foreign Affairs and contact the Embassy to speak with an immigration officer and get an instant response answer.
How Can I Get a Tourist Visa for Singapore?
You cannot directly get a Visa to Singapore as you have to schedule an appointment with an officer, and then you will get it within a few days. You can use three methods to book an appointment for a tourist visa from the USA: fill out the application form, go to the Embassy, or send mail. To learn more about these methods, you can go through the below-mentioned information:
- Online Application Form - Fill out an application form through the official website and schedule an appointment. In the form, you have to attach all the required documents and might even have to pay the service fee, then follow the instructions on the screen.
- Visiting Embassy - By visiting the embassy office during their working hours. However, remember that the Singapore embassy does not take any walk-in requests. You have to book an appointment with a consular through email.
- Sending Mail - If you are unable to get the tourist Visa through both of the above methods, then there is no issue. You can make a request to the Singapore Embassy by sending a mail to their official mailing address. You can use the preferred courier service that provides a tracking number.
Is It Easy to Get a Visa in Singapore?
It is not that hard to get a tourist Visa to Singapore as the country has made a few changes through which you can quickly get a Visa online within 3 to 8 days, provide the relevant documents, and follow the procedure. Then, you will get the Visa within a few days. For any additional information, you can contact the Embassy or talk to the agent at the airline from which you want to make the reservation.
How To Apply for a Singapore Tourist Visa by Myself?
The passenger who wish to apply for a tourist visa for themselves need to understand that the Visa process can be successfully done with the help of an agent or local contact from Singapore, Nevertheless, the passengers can apply for a Visa to travel to Singapore by initiating the following major methods mentioned below for successful application form submission:
Applying for a Visa through the Embassy:
The passenger can apply for the Singapore tourist visa through submission of the application form at the embassy. The pre-requisite documents needed for approval are:
- Complete and duly sign Form 14 A with the email address and contact detail information mentioned in the form.
- Passport size color photograph.
- Letter of introduction issued to the local contact or a permanent resident of Singapore.
- Identity proof of the local contact for authorization.
- Photocopy of the travel history along with details of the passport.
- Attached is proof of payment of the Fee for the Visa Application.
- Other supporting documentation can include the details of flight tickets (both sides) along with information about the hotel of stay.
Cost To Apply For A Singapore Tourist Visa
To apply for a Singapore tourist Visa, you have to pay a processing fee of $22 with the application, and the fee is nonrefundable no matter if your application gets rejected or accepted. You also have to pay a fee of $55 for the service of the authorized agent. The Embassy accepts payments only through money orders and cashier’s checks.
Process Time for Singapore Tourist Visa?
If you are applying for a tourist Visa to Singapore, it would take around 3 to 8 working days to process it; in some cases, it might take a little longer. However, applying for it at least 30 days from your expected travel date would be recommended. You can also check the status of your inquiry application from the official website using the Visa reference number and travel document number.
What are the Documents Required for a Singapore Tourist Visa?
You need to provide certain documents to apply for a tourist Visa to Singapore. If you fail to provide any of the documents, there is a high chance that your application will get rejected. To know about the certain documents to apply for a tourist Visa for Singapore, read the given details:
- Passport with validity of at least six months and a minimum of three blank pages.
- Require Bank Statements for the last six months.
- Two passport-size photographs with a black & white background.
- A copy of the Visa Application Form.
- A Proof of Your Return Flight Ticket.
Application for Singapore tourist visa through Online Mode:
The passenger can quite easily submit their tourist visa through the online portal SAVE by means of a certified agent or a local contact. The total time that would be taken to process the Visa is mostly 1 -3 business days. The time taken usually varies depending on the number of applications being submitted.
Can I Directly Apply for a Singapore Tourist Visa?
Even though the Visa application process to acquire a tourist visa is present online, where the passenger needs to fill out the application form and submit all the documents, the final submission for the approval of the Visa cannot be made by the passenger. For the process, they would need to get help from a local contact in Singapore, a permanent resident, a trusted partner, or a verified Visa agent. They would then submit the Visa application on behalf of the passenger. The method to visit the embassy for approval of a Visa can be done by the passenger on their own, given they carry all the authorized documents.
Do US Citizens need a Tourist Visa for Singapore?
If a citizen from the US is traveling to Singapore for less than 90 days, they can indeed enjoy a Visa-free travel within the country. However, if they have made plans to stay for more than 90 days, they would be required to apply for a Visa. US citizens can carry their passports as proof of identity for both leisure and business trips in Singapore for 90 days maximum.
Has it been made possible for Indian Citizens to apply for a Singapore visa online?
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore has given the provision to Apply Singapore visa online for Indian citizens who would like to visit the country. The passenger having a valid passport for travel could apply for the Visa online through the Foreign Affairs Website of Singapore. The passenger can submit the required documents as per the requisite. Once the form is filled, they would need to make payment for initiation of the Visa process. The final approval from the Government for the visa application can be done through certified personnel.