Cheapflightinfo Travel Tips:
Travelers prefer to book Spirit Airlines flight tickets to their destinations due to relatively low costs and comfortable travel experiences. It provides various alternatives to reserve tickets and book desired seats at much more economical fares. Also, it allows passengers to carry the baggage at much cheaper fares. If you are thinking of ways to avoid paying baggage fees during your journey, you can refer to the information carefully given in the forthcoming section.
Does Spirit Give You One Free Checked Bag?
Yes, Spirit allows customers to carry one free bag that might include their personal belongings along with the carry-on baggage. Apart from that, if you exceed the limit of the baggage carried, then you need to pay additional fares.
Customers must go through the airline baggage policies to avoid paying extra baggage fees. Some of the important features of the policies are:
- Spirit allows one traveler to carry one checked-in bag not weighing more than 40 pounds.
- One personal item, such as a laptop, backpack, etc., can be carried along with the handbags for free.
- For military travelers, Spirit allows 2 free checked-in bags and 1 free carry-on bag, along with free personal items.
How Much Does Checking a Bag Cost Spirit?
If any passenger carries luggage fulfilling the following conditions, then they don't need to pay extra charges to the airlines.
- The dimensions of the personal items do not exceed the limit of 18 x 14 x 8 inches (45*35*20 cm).
- Curry on bags must be under the limit of 22 x 18 x10 inches (56 * 46 * 25 cm).
- Checked-in baggage must be under the dimensions of 158 cm, including all lengths, widths, and height.
- If any passenger carries luggage exceeding this limit, then they need to pay additional charges.
- If the dimensions of travelers luggage exceed the above-mentioned dimensions, then they must pay additional charges as below:
- Weights exceeding 40 pounds need to pay $69.
- For 51 to 100 pounds, 99 dollars, and for 63 to 80 linear inches, 100 dollars need to be paid to the airlines.
- For any special item or sports equipment, 150 dollars need to be paid.
How Can I Save Money on my Spirit Bag?
If any passenger doesn't want to spend a lot of money for carrying luggage on Spirit airlines, then they can follow some of the simple tricks mentioned below and save a huge portion of money while traveling via Spirit airlines:
- They can become a member of Spirit’s saver's club. In order to become a member, they need to purchase a membership that is available for a duration of 12, 18, and 24 months.
- Use your free spirit points to avoid paying extra money on baggage. You can even use the points pooling feature of the airline in which you can share your Spirit points with up to 8 family members to collect and utilize them sooner.
- Spirit-free points can be earned for every transaction done through Spirit’s credit card to purchase your flight tickets or to upgrade your seats.
- You can also call the Spirit customer care service to get the details of the deals available at that moment to save money on bags.
- Customers can buy Spirit’s “boost up” or Bundle it” packages. They allow customers to carry extra luggage by paying a nominal fee.
Does Spirit Offer Free Bags?
Yes, Spirit does allow passengers to carry bags for free. But, this is only applicable to active duty military members. They are allowed to carry two free checked-in bags and a free carry-on, along with their already free personal item. To carry their bags for free, they must report at the airport early enough to get their luggage scanned at the counters. Also, they must hand over their U.S. military ID to verify their identity. This policy is not applicable to their family members or friends.
How Much Does Spirit Charge for Baggage?
If you are traveling with Spirit Airlines and have no idea about how much weight you can carry or the price for extra luggage, then here is the price of baggage on Spirit Airlines:
- Check-in bags are between $31 to $50.
- The first checked bag is $26 to $45.
- The second checked bag is $36 to $55.
- Third-Fifth Checked bag $80 to $100
How Much Does Spirit Charge for Bags Over 40 Pounds?
If you have made a reservation with Spirit Airlines and your baggage weighs more than 40 pounds, you want to know the charges. Then for bags that weight between 40 pounds to 50 pounds on Spirit Airlines, you have to pay around $50 per bag, and if the weight is more than 50 pounds, you have to pay $100.
Do you have to pay for baggage both ways on Spirit?
If you are traveling with Spirit Airlines and have booked a round-trip flight, you have to pay the amount for each way. The charges are around $45 for each way, and you can pay the amount while booking the ticket or when you are checking in.
What are the size and weight limits for bags on Spirit Airlines?
Spirit Airlines charges for personal items and sports equipment. To know about the dimensions and sizes of other bags which you can carry on the flight, read the given information:
Personal items - The dimensions for personal items like a small backpack, purse, or any item are 45cm*30cm*20cm, including handles and wheels.
Carry-on bag - Your carry-on baggage will be counted as checked baggage if not stored in the upper head cabin or lower seat on that flight. The dimensions for the carry-on bags are 56cm*46cm*25cm.
Checked bag - The maximum weight for checked bags is 40 pounds. If the weight exceeds that, you have to pay extra money. The airline does not take bags which are weighted more than 100 pounds.
Sports Equipment -If you want to carry any sports equipment like a golf bag, badminton or tennis racket, or any sports item, it will count as a carry-on bag, and you have to pay an extra amount for that.
Extra bag - If you want to carry an extra bag, you can carry only one extra bag. Whose weight does not exceed 40 pounds otherwise you have to pay extra money.
If you have read the above information, then you must have known about how much weight you can carry and the price. If you need more help, then you can visit the official webpage of Spirit Airlines and read the baggage policy or contact customer service, and the representative will provide you with the answer.
- If you are checking in with your bag at the airport booking center/kiosk, then you will be asked to pay 55 USD.
- At the airport gate, you will have to pay 65 USD.
- If you have checked in online, the fee will be 45 USD.
- If you include your bag during the booking process, you will have to pay 35 USD.
- While the reservation process, you have to pay 30 USD.
- During online check-in, you have to submit 40 USD.
- You will be asked to pay at the airport ticket booking counter/kiosk a fee of 50 USD.
- While the reservation time, you will be asked to pay 40 USD.
- At the airport ticket booking kiosk/counter, you will have to pay 60 USD.
- When you had online check-in, then you had to submit 50 USD.
The airline only allows passengers to carry personal items on flights for free. The personal item dimension should be at most 18 x 14 x 8 inches, including the wheels and handle of your item. A small handbag, purse, laptop bag, umbrella, overcoat, etc., comes in the personal item list.
The airline will charge their passengers for carry-on and checked baggage; the fee will depend on the mode of checking in your baggage with you.
Spirit Carry-On Baggage Charges-
Spirit First Checked Bag Charges-
Spirit Second Checked Bag Charges-
The spirit airlines excess baggage fee applies when your bags weights more than the set standard, which is 50 pounds or 28 kilograms. Below you can find the excess baggage fee for different weight categories of the bags.
If your bags weights between 18 to 23 kilograms/41 to 50 pounds, you will be asked to pay USD 30 per overweight baggage.
If your bags weights from 23 to 32 kilograms/51 to 70 pounds, then you have to submit USD 55 per excess baggage.
If your bags weigh from 32 to 45 kilograms/71 to 100 pounds, you will have to pay USD 100 per excess baggage.
If your bag weighs more than 46 kilograms or 100 pounds, then it will not be permitted as checked baggage.
If you are traveling to/ from the U.S. on international flights, the checked bags must be below 23 kilograms or 50 pounds.
The online baggage fee is charged if you have booked a round trip. So, if your departure flight charges you $30 for the first checked bag, you will be expected to pay another $30 for that same bag on your return flight, which totals $60.
When Can I Do Online Check-in for Malaysia Airlines?
Cheapflightinfo, Jan 31 , 23Cheapflightinfo Travel Tips:How Early Can you Check in at Malaysia Airlines? Malaysia Airlines is a flag carrier Airline of MalRead More
How Do I Upgrade my Southwest Flight to Business Select?
Cheapflightinfo, Jan 30 , 23Cheapflightinfo Travel Tips:Southwest Airlines Business Class Upgrade Seat upgrade is the option that is available for each pasRead More