You can call Tampa Airport by using the Tampa Airport phone number 813-870-8700 and speaking with an agent. Once you dial the number, you have to follow a set of automated instructions to get to an agent. The airport is dedicated to serving passengers with facilities and services so that their travel is memorable. You can get assistance if you need special assistance, want to make a complaint or share your feedback by speaking with a customer service agent.
More Ways To Contact Tampa Airport
You can use the mailing address given below to contact a representative at the airport by sending a letter.
P.O. Box 22287
Tampa, FL 33622-2287
Customers can visit the official website tampaairport.com to speak to an agent. You may follow the steps below.
- Get to the homepage and select the option "Contact Us."
- You can choose to submit a form with your details like name, number, email address, and message.
- A response will be sent to you in a few days.
- For noise complaints, the number (813) 296-8074 can be used to connect with an agent.
- For the TPA badging/access control office, you may call the number (813) 870-8753 to speak to a representative.
- For assistance at parking, you can call the number (813) 870-8790.
- For assistance related to accessibility, use the number 800 955-8770 / (800) 955-8771. These numbers are specifically dedicated to passengers who may require additional support at the airport.
- For ADA compliance and complaint, you can call the number (813) 554-1450 if there has been discrimination against a passenger with a disability.
- For passengers who require help due to a medical condition or disability, you can get assistance at Tampa Airport by calling the number 1-855-787-2227.
Is There a Lost and Found at Tampa Airport?
Yes, there is a lost and found at Tampa Airport.
If you have a damaged or delayed, you can call the Tampa Airport Baggage Claim phone number to get an update on it. Make sure to call the airport during operational hours, which is between 8 am and 6 pm, seven days a week. The office is closed on holidays.
Steps to contact lost and found at Tampa Airport
- You have to visit the official website, tampaairport.com.
- Scroll down and click "Lost and found."
- A new page will open where you can choose to fill the form with details like the date of loss, place of loss, and the description of the item you lost.
- Enter your shipping details which include your name, number, and address.
- After you click "Submit," you will get an update in a timely manner.
The Terminal at Tampa Airport:
There is only one terminal at Tampa airport with four airside concourses.
- The terminal building houses ticketing counters, restaurants, shops, and a parking lot for the passengers' comfort.
- You can get transportation services at the airport like shuttle service, rental cars, Uber, etc.
- Hotels can be booked easily, and parking services are also available.
- You can get wheelchair assistance, and service animal relief areas can also be used.
- For passenger convenience, there are elevators, restrooms, and telephones.
How Do I Claim my Luggage at Tampa Airport?
You can claim your luggage at Tampa Airport by going to the baggage claim area on level 1 of the main terminal. It is divided into red on the north side and blue on the south side. You will be able to tell which side your airline is located on by reading the signage above escalators and elevators.
This information will be useful when you want to contact Tampa Airport. For any other help, visit the official website or call the customer service number.
How Early Should you Arrive at Tampa Airport?
If your flight is to depart from Tampa airport, ensure to arrive at the airport at least two hours before the scheduled departure for a domestic flight and 3 hours before the scheduled departure of the international flight. This allows you to check in, prevent crowds at the airport, on-time security screening, and have food/beverages, etc., without any hassle. Once you are done, you can be at the gate approximately 30 minutes before your flight departs.
However, you should always check with your airline for any specific recommendations or requirements they may have. Some airlines may have earlier check-in times, especially during peak travel periods, so it's best to verify with them beforehand.
How Do I Get a Covid Test at Tampa Airport?
To get a Covid test at Tampa International Airport, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the airport's website and check for the available Covid testing options.
- Select a testing provider and make a reservation in advance, if required.
- On the day of your appointment, arrive at the airport with ample time before your flight.
- Follow the signs or directions to the testing location at the airport.
- Provide the necessary information and samples for the Covid test.
- Wait for the results and follow the instructions given by the testing provider.
Remember that TPA doesn't facilitate on-site Covid testing. If you want to know about the testing sites in Hillsborough country, you can visit the link here https://www.hillsboroughcounty.org. Besides, testing options and requirements may change, so it is always best to check the airport's website or contact them directly at (813) 870-8700 for the most up-to-date information.
What Time Does TSA PreCheck Open at TPA?
The office timings for PreCheck at the Tampa Airport are Monday to Friday from 8 AM - 6 PM, closed 12–12:30 PM And, on Saturday, the timings for precheck are from 9 AM- 3 PM, closed from 12 PM - 12:30 PM. However, it's important to remember that TSA PreCheck hours may vary depending on factors such as the airport's operating hours, the volume of passengers, and security staffing levels.
If you have a specific question or concern regarding TSA PreCheck hours at TPA, you can visit the airport's website or contact them directly for the most up-to-date information.
How Many Terminals Does Tampa Airport Have?
Tampa International Airport (TPA) has one main terminal with four airside terminals designated Airside A, Airside C, Airside E, and Airside F. The four airside terminals are connected to the main terminal by a people mover system known as SkyConnect. The SkyConnect is free of charge and operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with a travel time of approximately 5 minutes between the main terminal and each of the airside terminals.
Where Do I Check my Bag at Tampa Airport?
The location to check your bags at Tampa International Airport (TPA) depends on the airline you are flying with. Most airlines generally have check-in counters located on the third level of the main terminal building.
When you arrive at the airport, you can follow the signs or ask the airport staff to direct you to your airline's check-in counter. At the check-in counter, you must present your ID and flight itinerary, and your checked baggage will be weighed and tagged before being accepted.
If you have already checked in online or have a mobile boarding pass, some airlines may offer bag drop-off counters where you can drop off your checked baggage without waiting in line at the check-in counter.
It's always a good idea to check with your airline to confirm their check-in and baggage policies to ensure a smooth and hassle-free check-in process. You can also speak to Tampa airlines at (813) 870-8700 or visit the website https://www.tampaairport.com/ for additional information.