Porter Airlines is one of the most important regional airlines headquartered in Canada. The airline understands that passengers keep changing their plans and cancels their flight due to some uncertainty or unavoidable situation. The airline has made its cancellation policy very easy and flexible and provides various simple options that passengers can use to raise a cancellation request. Some of the most effective methods are listed below.
Can You Cancel The Porter Flight within 24 hours?
Yes, anyone can cancel their flight free of cost if they raise the cancellation request within 24 hours of booking as per the cancellation rules and regulations of the airline. This means that the airline will not charge any cancellation fee, and the passengers will be eligible for a full refund.
Porter Flight Cancellation Policy
Before using any method to raise a cancellation request with Porter Airlines, it is better advised to extract crucial knowledge about the Porter Airlines flight cancellation policy. Below, you will find some most important terms and conditions that will help you save from paying any extra fees.
- According to the Porter Airlines cancellation policy, passengers carrying a basic ticket cannot cancel except within 24 hours of booking.
- Per the airline's rules and regulations, the passengers don't have to pay any cancellation fee if they raise the cancellation request within 24 hours of booking.
- If the passengers raise a cancellation request after 24 hours of booking, in such a case, they have to pay the cancellation fee of approx $100 to $400.
- The airline will not impose any fee or charges if the cancellation request is raised to any medical emergency or death of a close relative.
- Passengers must contact the relevant agency for cancellation if they have booked their flight through a travel agent.
- If you have a freedom ticket, you can cancel your flight on the same day of departure for free.
How Much Does Porter Flight Cancellation Cost?
If you wish to cancel your flight with Porter Airlines, you must be aware of the terms and conditions of the airline, along with the fee the airline charges for cancellation. The airline charges around $100 to $400 as a cancellation fee, depending on the travel distance and the time.
How To Request for A Refund Porter Canceled Flight?
Make a Refund Request via My Booking - There is a wonderful feature given by the airline, which is known as my booking and with the help of my booking, passengers can raise a cancellation request and make any changes to their flight. Follow the steps given below to cancel your reservation with Porter Airlines.
- Show up on the official website of the airline.
- On the website's main page, click the 'my booking' option.
- Next, enter your reservation information in the needed blanks, such as the booking or reference number and the passenger's surname.
- After getting login, you will see a new page with all the details of your reservations.
- Select the reservations in which you want to raise a cancellation request.
- After selecting the reservation, click on the cancel tab.
- A payment page will appear on the screen where you might have to make the cancellation fee if applicable.
- After completing the payment and every procedure, you will be notified with a cancellation confirmation mail on your registered email address.
Cancel your Flight via Phone Number - If you don't want to bang your head and weaken your eyesight on the screen, go with the customer service number to raise a cancellation request. Follow the steps given below.
- Dial the phone number of the airline 1-888-619-8622 and choose the language.
- Next, listen to the IVR commands carefully and hit the number which will lead you to get connected with the airline.
- Once you get connected, you can request to cancel your ticket.
Can I get a refund When I cancel my Porter Flight?
Yes, you will get a refund when you cancel the Porter flight. The passengers who book flights with Porter always praise its honesty and the best behavior towards its travels. So, when you haven’t onboarded your scheduled flight and then if you have canceled your flight. Porter will provide you with a refund as per their policies.
How Do I Ask for a Porter Flight Refund?
You have various ways to ask for a Porter flight refund. Like, you can do it by calling the airlines, then sending them a mail. Also, you can fill out the Refund form. So, all of the modes are as mentioned below. Also, you will find the way and the steps for the same as provided.
Call the Airline.
So, you can call the airline for sure. It is the best way to ask for a refund. All you have to do is to dial the official number of Porter Flight. At the first go, you are to encounter the IVR. It will ask you to pick your language and reason for contacting the airline. Press the numbers associated with all whatever is required. Then, when it is processed, you will hear the customer representative on the other line, who will help you apply for a refund.
Mail the Airline
So, open your official mail service provider on your device. Then, write the mail that you want to apply for the refund, along with the flight details, then you are sure to share the reason for missing or canceling your flight.
Porter Airlines Refund Policy
You should be aware of the rules and regulations associated with applying for a refund at Porter airlines. as they only help you to develop and be aware of the refund. The highlights of the same are as mentioned below:
- You can apply for the refund through the official website, then call the airline and visit the airport where Porter airlines have its terminal.
- If you cancel your flight and apply for the same within 24 hours of booking your flight, you will get a complete refund. However, when applied otherwise, you will have to get your flight cancellation charges deducted.
- If you have a refundable fare, you will get it in the form of your booking payment method; however, if it is a non-refundable fare, you will find it in the travel credit form.
- The duration to get your refund depends on the booking payment method; if you made it through cash, you would get it in 20 working days. And, when it is through the card method, you will get it in at least 7 - 8 working days.
How Can I Get my Money Back from Porter Airlines?
You can get your money back through the process written below:
- Head over to the official website of Porter Airlines, and from there, you are to visit the contact page.
- You will have the customer form option on the contact page, and from there, you will find the refund form.
- Fill in the refund form with the information required, and then you will get their revert when you have the refund form processed by the customer services of Porter Airlines.
What Happens if I Miss my Porter Flight?
If you miss your Porter flight, you can rebook your flight at no cost. According to the missed flight policy, if you miss your flight without informing the airline, they will classify you as a no-show. Under the no-show policy, you would not be able to travel on any other flight.
How Early Should I Arrive at Porter Airlines?
If you check in on a domestic flight, you must visit the airport within 60 minutes of departure. If you check in on an international flight, you have to see the airport within 90 minutes before the flight departure.
Porter Missed the Flight Policy
- Suppose the passenger itinerary requires rebooking because of a flight disruption that delays their arrival to their final destination by three hours or more. In that case, the airline will provide you:
- Passengers can rebook their next available flight at no cost.
- When the airline offers to rebook options, and they do not meet to traveler's needs or no rebooking options exist. The airline will provide a refund in the original form of payment.
- If you missed your flight or an interconnecting flight due to an airline delay, you could rebook your flight free of cost.
- Suppose you arrive late at the airport and miss your flight. The airline will not provide you with your money back. If you inform the airline, they will provide you with another flight or list your name on the standby list.
- When the traveler faces a medical emergency at the airport and misses their flight, the airline representative will book their new flight.
- If the traveler misses their flight and doesn't inform the airline, they will mark them as a no-show and have to pay the charges.
- When the passenger misses their flight after getting the boarding pass, the airport will allow taking another flight on the same boarding pass.
- The airline would not provide your money back if the traveler misses the flight after receiving the boarding pass or security check.
- When you don't show up on the airline at the time of boarding, the airline will cancel your flight, and they also do not provide a refund.
- Suppose the traveler misses their flight and they travel beyond the no-show policy. The airline will cancel their return flight and will not refund their money.
What is the Fee for Missing a Porter Flight?
If you missed your flight and the fault is yours, you have to pay the missing flight fee. The fee varies on which flight you are missing. For the average flight, you have to pay USD 200. For missing an interconnecting flight, you have to pay USD 300.
How To Rebook a Missed Flight with Porter Flight?
Suppose you are stuck in traffic and you missed your flight, and you did not inform the airline, you can rebook your flight by using the manage booking option, and you will get a new flight.
- Go to the official website of Porter Airlines.
- Tap on the manage booking option.
- Enter your booking details.
- Tap on the rebooking option and enter the required information.
- After that, you will receive the confirmation in your registered email or text.
- Show your boarding pass at the airport security and board your new flight.