Air France is a flag carrier of France with it’s headquarter in Tremblay-En-France. If you have canceled your Air France ticket and want to get a refund, do not worry. Getting a Refund with Air France is a very effortless process as the airline gives its travelers several options to get a refund. If you are struggling with the query, how do I Get a Refund from Air France? You will get to know the detail in the content below.
Easy Steps To Get A Refund from Air France
You can get a refund from Air France by both the online and offline process. To get it online, you can read the information below.
Request your refund online
- Go to the official website of Air France and locate my booking section
- On My booking, you have to enter the confirmation number and last name to get your booking details
- Follow the instruction given to complete the refund request.
Request via refund request form online
You can also claim by submitting a refund request form online. The airline will review your form and process the refund ASAP.
Request your refund via Third-Party
If you have made your reservation via a third party, you can directly call your agent to get a refund.
How Long Does It Take To Get A Refund from Air France?
Once your refund is processed, it takes 7-20 business days to get the refund. The refund amount always depends on certain policies, which you must know before applying for the refund. So let’s proceed further and understand about refund policy of Air France.
Air France Refund Policy
- As per the refund policy, if you book your ticket seven days before the departure and cancel your ticket within 24 hours of purchase, you will get a full refund.
- If you cancel your ticket after 24 hours of the booking period, you may have to bear the cancelation fee.
- As per the Air France refund policy, if your ticket is refundable and you cancel it before departure, you will be eligible to get a full refund. In this case, the cancellation fee will be deducted from your amount.
- If you have a non-refundable ticket, you will not be eligible to get a refund if you cancel the ticket after 24 hours from the booking period.
- For Non-refundable tickets will get a full refund in exceptional cases like the Death of their family or dear ones, etc.
- The refund amount takes 7-20 business days, depending on your mode of payment.
- The refund amount depends on certain factors like date, time, destination, route, etc.
So you can consider these points to apply for a refund. Sometimes the airline cancels the flight for some reason; in that case, you must know about Air France refunds for canceled flights.
Refund from Air France for Canceled Flight
If the airline cancels your flight at the last moment, then you will be eligible for the rights known as ECI 261. If the airline cancels your flight less than 14 days before the departure, they will have to pay around $600 as compensation. But in case if the airline offers you a replacement same as the original flight, you will not get any refund.
In case if the airline has to cancel the flight due to some exceptional circumstances like bad weather, incident at the airport. Then also, the airline will have to either offer a replacement or provide a full refund.
Does Air France Have Refundable Tickets?
Booking with Air France is very simple and easy; you can make your reservation online at their website and travel comfortably. Sometimes, you need to cancel your flight ticket because of unexpected circumstances and get a refund for the flight ticket. In that case, passengers ask, does air France have refundable tickets? To know about the refund process, you need to understand some air France refund policy points and apply for a refund. Following are the information you need to know before the flight refund procedure:
- One of the essential and basic requirements for a flight refund is to have booked your flight ticket online at the Air France website or through their reservation team.
- To get the complete refund without any charges, you need to process the flight cancellation within 24 hours of the purchase.
- To get the refund on your cancelled ticket, you must have purchased the ticket at least two days before the departure and up to 12 months before the flight departure.
- Your ticket will be refunded only if you have not received your boarding pass.
- The refund will depend on the fare conditions and type of ticket purchase.
- If you purchase the refundable ticket, a refund will be processed at your bank account, and a non-refundable ticket will get only a travel voucher in my booking section.
- If your refund does not process at my booking, you need to fill the refund form available at air France website.
- If you cancel the flight ticket due to some medical issues, you will get a full refund.
What Is The Air France Contact Number For The Refund?
If you cannot apply for a refund online at the Air France website, you can ask the customer service team. You need to dial the Air France refund contact number available at their contact section at the call option. Once your call connects to the customer service after automated voice, you need to speak with the representative. They will ask you for the booking reference number to cancel your flight ticket and provide you with a refund as per the conditions.
How Much Does it Cost to Cancel a Flight with Air France?
Air France is a flag carrier of France. Once you make a reservation with making a reservation with the Air France airline, a passenger might have to cancel its reservation due to unavoidable circumstances such as the death of a family member or a recent accident. The airlines do charge for the cancellation of the reservation. Still, it entirely depends upon where you have chosen to make your reservation, and the charge will be paid to you as per the airline's policy or rules and regulations.
It depends entirely on where you have made your reservation, and as per Air France's policy, they charge accordingly. The below-written ways will guide you. How much does it cost to cancel a flight with Air France, It depends on whether you have chosen an international or domestic flight or a short-haul or long-haul flight. The Air - France does charge as per your reservation. As per Air France cancellation policy, The cancellation fees will be 100 dollars to 500 dollars and will be applicable if your ticket cancellation request has been raised after 24 hours as a risk-free cancellation. Suppose you have canceled your air France flight within 24 hours from the scheduled departure of your flight. Then the cancellation fees would be 100 dollars to 400 dollars. (Other factors will also be considered or taken into account).
If you have canceled a domestic flight, the charges would be 3,000, and for the domestic, it would be 6,000, and costs do change accordingly.
Air France Cancellation Policy
The Below Written Ways will Guide You What is the Cancellation Policy of Air France.
- As per the Air France Cancellation Policy, passengers can easily cancel a flight booked on air France within 24 hours of the purchase.
- Air France provides you with a complete refund of your ticket cost if the booking was made a week or more before the departure of the Air France Flight.
- On the official site of the Air France Cancellation Policy, there will be an online refund from which a passenger has to fulfill and provide a valid reason for the cancellation of the air France. So you easily raise a request for Air- France by filling a form you can quickly get a refund from Air France.
- Once your request is approved for the refund, the amount will be transferred to your account within 7 - 20 working days.
- It completely depends on where you have made your reservation, such as through which mode you made your reservation.
Air France Flight Cancellation Compensation
- As per Air France flight cancellation compensation, if the fee is canceled in less than 14 days, you may be able to make a claim up to $700 per person in the settlement.
- If Air France can book the new flight that lands at a similar time to your original, they won't have to pay you the compensation.
- Air France flight cancellation compensation less than 14 days before the flight was due to depart.
The methods mentioned above will guide you about the Air France Cancellation Fees and the various ways you can easily get entitled to its refunds. Refunds provide you with the acknowledgment along with air France policies and procedures.
Frequently Ask Question ( FAQs ) Related To Air France Refund
Frequently Asked Questions
The answer to this is yes. Refunds are offered for cancelled flights but only for those flights that are refundable. If passengers have made reservations for refundable flights then they can avail refunds depending on how early they cancel their flight reserved with Air France.
In order to get refunds for your flight reserved at Air France, travellers are required to fill in a refund request form which is available on the official website of Air France.
The details of the refund request form are necessary to fill in by the passenger who would like to initiate a refund request, passengers need to have
Refunds are not initiated for flights that belong to the non-refundable category. If you have made reservations for a non-refundable flight then travellers will have a future credit that is offered by Air France. The same is available for one year from the date of issue.
Apart from this refunds will not be generated if travellers cancel a non-refundable flight with Air France. For details, it is highly recommended to navigate to the official website of Air France.
In general, refunds are generated at once, however, it may take somewhere around 10 business days for the amount to reflect in your account or the source of payment (debit or credit card).
As far as the Air France Covid Refund is concerned, travellers have the following options available that are:
- Get in touch with the customer service department at Air France in order to get a refund for your cancelled flight.
- You could also apply online using the refund request form that is readily available on the official Air France website.
- Navigate to the official Air France website, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- You will be able to see the refunds option. Select the same and proceed further.
In order to make Air France cancellations, users are recommended to stick to the below-mentioned steps that are:
- Navigate to the official website at Air France.
- Once you are on the homepage, select the My Trips option.
- Select the Manage my booking option.
- You will be redirected to another page, where users are required to enter a few details to access the reservation that they wish to cancel.
- Enter the booking id followed by your last name.
- Access your booking and select the one that you wish to cancel.
- Select the Cancel flight option.
- Proceed with the payment and you will be notified on your registered email address or phone number. Save the cancellation confirmation number for future purposes.