Lufthansa Refunds Processing
Lufthansa is a German airline that help their passengers to book tickets easily and make their travel experience good. The booking process with Lufthansa is very easy as you can book a ticket online at the Lufthansa website itself. Sometimes you are not able to complete your travel because of some work or there may be some health issues and sometimes airlines refused you to board the flight or the flight is canceled. Therefore, you can cancel your booked ticket at the Lufthansa website anytime. The cancellation of ticket is dependent on the type of ticket that you have purchased. You can cancel your ticket by following methods:
- Go to official website of the Lufthansa and click on the login tab or you can continue as a guest if you don’t have the Lufthansa ID.
- After login, click on ‘My Bookings’ tab.
- Enter the booking reference number and the last name you want to cancel.
- A new page will be open, check all your necessary details and then click on cancel. Your ticket will be canceled.
- You will receive a confirmation at your registered mail id immediately.
If you have purchased a Non-Refundable ticket then you need to cancel it within 24 hours of booking and get the refund immediately, As if you book a Refundable ticket then you can get a refund any time.
Read Also: Lufthansa Cancellation Policy
How To Request A Lufthansa Refund?
You can avail the refund from Lufthansa website at any time after your booking. After cancellation of ticket, you need to fill the refund form at the official website of Lufthansa.
- Go to the official website of Lufthansa website.
- At top right corner of the page tap on Menu Tab.
- Tap on book and manage option.
- Then tap on refund option and click the refund form link.
- Check your inbox to confirm that your flight is cancelled.
- Enter your basic information such as name, email, country, phone number,
- Add your ticket number and, booking code.
- Click on one of the following:
- The entire service/ ticket was not used.
- Part of service/ticket has not used.
- Go through the entire form thoroughly and submit.
- A refund confirmation will be sent to your registered mail id respectively.
You will receive the refund within 7 workings days to your bank account.
What Is The Lufthansa Refund Policy?
If your ticket is unused or the portion of your ticket is unused then Lufthansa will refund the ticket of that portion. Lufthansa offer you full refund in following ways:
- Your flight is 7 days left to depart then you can cancel your ticket within 24 hours from booking.
- Lufthansa cancels the flight.
- Lufthansa delays your flight by more than 2 hours or by 5 hours, and due to an irregularity on the day to travel then you are entitled for a refund.
- Your booking is confirmed and airport denies you to board the flight, or you are unable to board.
- You could not catch your flight because of death or illness of a closed family member. (have to show relevant proof).
- Refunds have to be in original form.
- If you have used a part of your ticket, then Lufthansa will refund the unused part of your ticket, subject to some taxes.
- If you have once requested a refund then do not submit it again as it will lead to delay your refund.
- Lufthansa do not give you a refund if you lost the ticket as you have to show the ticket or unused portion of your ticket.
- Only the person whose name is written on the ticket can be grant for a refund or person whose relevant id proof is mentioned at the time of booking is eligible for the refund.
- Lufthansa cancelled your flight due to COVID-19.
If the booking has not been made through Lufthansa airlines, you will need to contact the point of purchase to request a refund.
New Change Policy Due To Covid-19
As per Lufthansa all flights can be changed and rebooked free of cost. This includes the following:
- If any of your flight is canceled then you can rebook your ticket once to any other date to the same destination within same travel class and within one year of travel.
- You can rebook, even if your flight is not canceled. You can also change your class and destination but within one year from the date of cancellation.
You need to fill the refund form to avail the refund. You can contact the Lufthansa service center if your refund is no longer possible or you are unable to process the refund request. Make sure if you purchased the ticket from travel agency then you should contact them directly.
How Long Does It Take To Receive A Lufthansa Refund?
Lufthansa will issue refunds on all eligible tickets within 7 days for credit card purchase and refund will be credited within 20 days or more payment if made my cash or check. Lufthansa will refund any fees charges to you if you have not availed any services. Because of the overwhelming situation refund may take bit longer but Lufthansa will try to credit the eligible refund as soon as possible.
Lufthansa timely ensures that customer receive the excellent quality of service whenever they want to travel. If you find any difficulty in processing your refund request then you can simply call Lufthansa directly on customer care number available at the official website of Lufthansa. Go the help ad contact option at bottom of the page, and then select your country to find the relevant phone number. Lufthansa customer care is 24 hours and 7 days available. Feel free to approach us anytime.
Customers can chat with Lufthansa online via Lufthansa app available at Lufthansa website and get there answers quickly.
You can contact the IT team via contact form. You can fill the form from the Lufthansa website. Customer support team will work on your contact form and approach you soon.
Customers can simply mail us your query and your feedback at Lufthansa mail id on the website respectively. We always work on your genuine feedback.
Frequently Asked Questions
As for the Lufthansa Airlines refund fees or the cancellation fees that are applied on the flight ticket that is canceled after some reason of the passenger is around $100 to $500 that varies according to your flight ticket. Now if in case you need to know about Lufthansa refund fee, then in that particular case you may contact the customer care service team, executive.
Sometimes the situation happens with the Lufthansa airlines refunds back to the passenger, in cases that are quite justified as they occur at a particular time when the customer applies for the refunds. Now if in case you need to know about Lufthansa refund delay, reasons that stop the refund to get processed.
Then in that case you need to go through these reasons mentioned below for an overview;
- Bank server is not able to process your refund request as of some technical issue
- Or it might be that your refund ticket is not eligible for the refund amount
- It might be something went wrong with the billing process from the side of the airline.
As the passenger cancels the flight ticket they immediately apply for the refunds from the airlines after filling up the refund form. Now if you want to know about Lufthansa cancelled flight Refund, that is how much time it takes to get refunds back from the airlines. Then generally customer is refunded the amount within 7 days if purchased via credit card & 20 days if purchased by cash or check.
After the customer applies for the refund from Lufthansa Airlines then the refund is paid using the same method that you used originally while booking for the ticket.
If you want to know about the status of your refund request that you applied at the airline's website then you can appeal for accurate information from the help of a customer care representative or you can simply visit the website page & get the information about it.