Information Related To Check-in at Singapore Airlines
Singapore Airlines provides flight service to your desired city or country. The airline provides you with many services, including online check-in, additional baggage check-in, special assistance, direct connecting with customer service, and many more. If you have made a reservation with the airline but have no information regarding the baggage policy or the process for check-in, then you can read the given article.
How Early Can I Check-in For Singapore Airlines?
As per the airline recommendation, if you are checking in from Singapore Changi Airport to take your Singapore airline flight, then you should reach the airport at least 2 hours before to your flight departs, especially if you have baggage for check-in.
- If you are checking in Online, then you can do then. The Singapore Airlines Check-in times window starts from 48 hours and closes 1.5 hours before your flight’s departure.
- If you are using the mobile application for the process, then it should be done 1.5 hours prior to your flight’s departure time.
- Using auto-check-in passengers can enable through the manage booking tab, which automatically checks you in after the booking is confirmed.
- You can complete the Singapore Airlines Kiosk Check-in process from the airport Self-Service Kiosk at least 24 hours early to your scheduled departure time. If you are traveling from Singapore Changi Airport, then you can locate the Kiosk at Terminal 3—Rows 3 and 4.
- You can check in through Airport Counter at Singapore Changi Airport. You can opt for check-in at least 48 hours to 40 minutes before your flight’s departure. This applies to Singapore Airlines flights and SilkAir flights.
How Can I Check-in online for my Singapore Airlines Flight?
Passengers can complete the check-in process through the online option if they want to avoid paying extra service charges to the airline. You can check in online for your scheduled Singapore flight online from 48 hours to 1.5 hours before your scheduled departure. Follow the below-mentioned steps to complete the check-in process.
- You have to visit the official website at www.singaporeair.com.
- Now you have to locate the check-in tab shown on the screen and select it.
- If you want to check in with your Booking reference number, then you will need to enter your 6-character booking reference Last/family name.
- If you want to check in with the E-ticket number, you have to select the E-ticket number option and enter the 13-digit e-ticket number Last/family name in the given tabs.
- Now you have to hit the check-in button and follow the instructions shown on the screen.
- While the online check-in process, you can also choose a seat, Book a special meal, Purchase extra baggage, etc.
- After the completion, you can download your electronic boarding pass.
- After checking in, you can download your E boarding pass and take a printout, or you can show the electronic boarding pass at the airport as it is accepted by security.
Why are you not able to check in with Singapore Airlines?
There could be many reasons that you are unable to check in to your Singapore flight, and some of them are given below-
- If you are a minor who is less than 18 years old), then you won’t be able to check in unless you are accompanied by 18 years older person.
- If you are traveling in a group of 10 or more passengers in the same booking, then you won’t be able to check in online.
- In case you didn’t check in for an initial flight in the same booking.
For all these reasons, you will have to use the airport check-in counters for check-in.
How can I check in with the Singapore Airlines Mobile App?
You can also complete the check-in process using the mobile application of Singapore airlines. You can opt for the check-in of Singapore airlines at least 48 hours to 1.5 hours before departure. After completing the check-in, you can download the E-boarding pass and show it during the security check-in.
- Go to your Singapore airlines mobile application and sign in to your account.
- Enter your sign-in details, and after signing in, look for the check-in option from the menu bar.
- After this, enter your booking reference number and last name and press the check-in button.
- After completion of the task, you can download the E boarding pass and show it to the airport to go through.
Singapore Airlines Check-in Baggage Policy
If you want to get more information on the Singapore Airlines baggage check-in, then read the baggage policy. Here are some points from the airline policy regarding baggage check-in:
- The passengers are advised not to put any valuable or fragile items, such as laptops, silverware, precious metals, etc., in their checked baggage.
- If you want to add an extra bag after the check-in, you have to cancel your check-in and start the process again with the extra bag.
- If the baggage weight exceeds the limit, then you have to pay some extra charges.
- Your baggage should not exceed the limit of 200cm(length), 75cm(width), and 80cm(height).
How Many Bags Can I Check in on Singapore Airlines?
The Baggage limit and weight depend on your class and membership. However, every class is allowed two free baggage and an additional 20 kg for Elite or Gold members. To get more information on the weights, read the given information:
First class - If you have booked a First Class ticket, you are allowed two bags whose weight should not exceed 50 kg.
Business class - For Business class passengers, the baggage limit is 40 kg and
Premium Economy class - The baggage limit for Premium Economy class is 35 kg.
Economy class - Economy class baggage limit is 25 to 30 kg, depending on your booking class and fare type.
Instructions for Baggage Check-in at Singapore Airlines
If you want to do the baggage check-in, then it is not a complicated process, and you can do it easily with the help of a mobile or laptop and a stable internet connection. Here are the instructions which you can follow for online baggage check-in at Singapore Airlines:
- Go to Singapore Airlines’ official website or open the mobile app.
- Click on the “Check-in” option.
- Write the “Booking reference number” and your “Last name.”
- Add your baggage for check-in as per your choice.
- Select your preferred seat from the availability.
- Then you will get a message on your registered email about baggage check-in information.
How Long Before A Flight Can You Check Bags on Singapore Airlines?
The timings for bag check-in at Singapore Airlines depend on the mode you want to use. If you want to check in through the official webpage, it is available 48 hours before the flight departure, and you can also select your seat. If you want to do the check-in directly through the airport, then you should arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to the departure.
Now you must have an idea about Singapore Airlines' check-in baggage process and policy. If you need help with anything or have any questions, you can also contact customer service, and knowledgeable How do I talk to someone on Singapore Airlines representative will assist you with your problem.