Here are some frequently asked questions about Philippines baggage and this will allow you to get instant support and help with your Philippine Airline baggage.
Philippine Airlines Baggage Allowance
Passengers can relate to the official Philippine airline website to get the desired information about Philippine checked bags for flights.
- Travelers are allowed to make only one prepaid baggage purchase in the case of an international route with the weight system. The maximum weight limit is 20 kgs. This is applicable per person per segment as far as the flight reservation is concerned.
- Passengers are allowed to make two prepaid baggage purchases in the case of an international route with the piece system. The maximum weight limit is 23 kgs. This is applicable per person per segment as far as the flight reservation at Philippine Airlines is concerned.
Rates and Baggage: Philippine Domestic flights.
Initial Booking rate
Manage booking rate (15 days or more from departure)
Manage booking rate (14 days or less from departure)
In the case of an International flight with the Philippines airlines, the prepaid baggage cost ranges between USD 25 to 165, depending on the flight route.
What is the 2PC Baggage Allowance in Philippine Airlines?
Philippine airlines allow passengers to take with them two pieces of luggage while traveling in the premium economy class. Passengers are allowed to take 23kgs per bag while traveling in the economy class in the Philippine airlines.
If you happen to have a premium economy ticket, you can take two pieces of baggage (25kgs) in weight per piece.
How Many Kilos of Baggage is Allowed by Philippine Airlines International Flights?
Passengers having a reservation with Philippine airlines for an international journey are allowed to take the following as per the Philippines international baggage allowance:
- In the case of flights traveling to Asia, economy class passengers can take one piece of checked-in luggage not exceeding 25kgs weight restriction.
- Passengers having travel reservations in the premium economy segments can take one piece of baggage not exceeding the 30kgs weight restriction.
- Passengers having travel reservations in the Business class segment can take one piece of luggage not exceeding 35kgs weight restriction.
Middle East Flights
- People can take two pieces of luggage with them on the economy class flight reservation. One is allowed to carry luggage not exceeding 23kgs per bag.
- People can take two pieces of luggage with them in the premium economy class reservation. One is allowed to carry baggage of 25kgs in weight.
Philippine Airlines Baggage Policy:
The airline applies the rules and regulations for the passengers regarding the baggage that they carry with them. The policies are according to the Philippine Airlines are divided into different parts, and they are explained in the below section:
Philippines Airlines Checked Baggage Policies: the amount of free checked baggage depends upon the luggage's weight, dimensions, and height.
- The baggage allowance is mentioned on the tickets that the travelers purchase according to their tickets.
- For those economy class passengers traveling from Asia or the Philippines to other nearby countries, they can only carry baggage up to 25 kilograms.
- On the other hand, passengers who have booked business or first-class tickets can carry around 35 kilograms of checked baggage.
- The passengers traveling from Europe and have booked economy class are allowed to take 32 kilograms of checked baggage.
- Those who have booked the business class can carry around 40 kilograms of checked luggage.
Charges of Philippine Airlines on Baggage:
Certain charges are fixed by the airline according to the baggage that passengers carry with them. The charges are as follows:
- If passengers carry extra baggage with them, the charges are decided based on the final destination.
- For instance, if the passengers are traveling to Manila or Europe and carrying extra charges with them, the airline will charge around $50 per kilogram for every person.
Philippines Airlines Baggage Rules:
There are specific rules according to the baggage and what type of things passengers can carry:
- Passengers are not allowed to take corrosive batteries.
- No liquid items can be carried that are more than 100ml.
- Any hazardous, flammable items are also not allowed.
How Much is a Kilo of Baggage in PAL?
Some items are, according to the baggage that has to be carried on PAL:
- The passengers traveling in economy class are allowed to take around 32 kgs.
- The passengers traveling in first class are allowed to take around 40 kgs.
Note: passengers can communicate with the Philippine Airlines customer service complaint department if having any confusion related to baggage allowance before check-in for your flight booking.