South African Airways is the flag carrier airline in South Africa that provides its customers with international as well as domestic flights. The airline focuses on providing its customers with the best and the most reliable services, from flight booking to the time they reach their destinations. However, there are circumstances in which the passengers have to cancel their flight tickets and need trusted assistance in doing the same. The process of South African Flights canceled is pretty simple, and the passenger can do it by himself with the online process or ask the customer care executive to do it on their behalf. The airline's process and policy for the cancellation of the flight ticket are easy and accessible by those people as well who are not frequent fliers.
South African Airways Flight Cancellation Policy
- As per the cancellation policy, the passengers can cancel their flight without paying any charges. If the cancellation was made within 2 hours of the scheduled flight booking. Provided the tickets were booked at least one week before the scheduled flight departure.
- If the passenger makes the cancellation after 24 hours of the booking and the booking was made within one week of the scheduled flight booking. In that case, the passengers have to pay the charges for the cancellation of their flight ticket.
- If the passengers made it, the cancellation was due to some medical emergency or the death of a close relative. In that case, there will be no charges for canceling, but the passengers are required to present the desired documents at the time of cancelation.
- If there is a delay of more than 3 hours in the scheduled flight departure, in that case, the airline is responsible for providing its passenger with compensation. And if the passengers opt for the cancellation of the flight ticket, in that case, they will be liable to get the full refund of their ticket amount.
- The passengers are allowed to cancel their flight 24 hours before the scheduled departure of their flight ticket. But they will get charged for making the cancellation, and the charges will depend on the type of flight ticket.
- The passengers will receive the refund of the flight ticket within 5-7 business days to their original mode of payment.
- If an agent made the flight booking, then it is required for the passenger to ask the travel agent to initiate the cancellation and refund process, as the online procedure of making the cancellation doesn't apply in that case.
Process of South African Airways Flight Cancellation
- Get onto the airline's official website and look for the option of 'Manage Booking.'
- After getting redirected to the 'Manage Booking,' fill out the PNR number mentioned on the ticket, and the last name of the passengers and press submit to proceed.
- You'll get redirected to the page with a list of flights available. Choose your flight and click on the option of 'Cancelation.'
- After which, you are required to follow the on-screen process to complete the cancellation and pay the charges, if applicable.
- You'll receive the message or Email of the confirmation in your registered Email and mobile phone.
- Once the process of the cancellation is completed, you are required to fill out the refund form to initiate the process of refund.
South African Flights Cancellation Fees
As mentioned above, there are many cases as per the cancellation policy. In which you are not required to pay any charges for the cancellation of a flight ticket. However, if none of the mentioned points apply in that case, you have to pay the charges for the cancellation. The cancellation fees of South African Airways may vary from $100 to $400, depending upon the type of flight and the time for making the cancellation.
The information given in this article will be sufficient for you to know, How much does it cost to cancel a flight in South Africa? And the policy and procedure related to it. You can always get in touch with the customer care executive of the airlines for any query. You can also cancel your flight ticket at the airport's ticket counter, Or by calling the customer care services of the airlines.
Can I Get A Refund from South African Airways?
Yes, South African Airways provides refunds to their passengers but only if they meet all the criteria for getting the refund, If you want to know if you will get a refund or not, you should know the refund policies of the airline. If you are not eligible for a refund, you should not get the refund. Read the refund policies below.
Refund Policies of South African Airways
There are some of the policies made by the airline to maintain the rules and regulations. Read the policies below.
- If you made the cancellation of your booking within 24 hours of booking, you would get a full refund from the airline.
- If you made the cancellation after 24 hours of booking, the airline would charge the cancellation fee to you.
- If you have canceled because of some emergency problem like a health issue or a major family situation in your family, then sometimes airlines provide compensation to their passengers.
- If you cancel any travel agent or by any third party, then the airline will not be responsible for any refund; you have to contact the travel agent for the refund.
- If you bought a non-refundable ticket, the airline would not provide any compensation.
- All the refunds will be made in the same way used at booking.
- Any other charges may also be applicable; it depends on the airline.
South African Airways Refund Request
Yes, you can make a refund request; the airline provides many ways to raise a request for a refund. You can raise your request through the refund form, and if you want to get through the airline customer care to raise a request for you, they are available on a live phone call, live chat, social media handle, and email process.
How do I get a refund from South African Airways?
To get a refund from South African Airways, you must follow the methods written below.
Through refund form
You can raise a refund request from the refund form; for that, you have to go to the airline's official website and then go to the refund section. You will see the refund form option; click on that, and then a form will appear on the page. Fill it out properly, and once it is done, submit it, and then you will get a confirmation of the refund request on your email and phone number.
Through phone call
If you want to raise a refund request through a customer care agent, you can go through the airline's official website and then go to the contact us option. There you will find the number of the airline, dial the number and follow the IVR instructions carefully; once you connect to the customer care agent, provide him with the details and ask him to raise a refund request for you. Once they do it, you will receive a confirmation mail and text message.
Through live chat
If you are not able to connect through the phone call, you can also raise a refund request through the live chat process. Follow the steps.
- Open to the official website of the airline and then go to the contact us option.
- There you will find the chatbox icon clock on that icon.
- And then select the topic to raise a refund request.
- Then write your personal details and ask them to raise a refund request.
- And sometimes, one representative will assist you regarding your refund request. Once it's done, you will get a confirmed mail and text.
Through Social Media
You can also use the refund request through their social media platform. You can directly send your details and ask them to raise a refund request, and the agent will raise it for you. The South African airline is available on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Is South African Airways Issuing Refunds?
Yes, the airline issues the refund but only to those who meet all the criteria for getting the refund. South African Airways provide refunds and understand their passengers' concerns, but the airline staff has restrictions; they have to follow the policies. And if you are eligible, you will surely get a refund.