Air Canada Cancelled My Flight What Do I Do
Change in plans results in cancellation of booked tickets. Passengers often don't cancel their tickets deliberately, but there are times when they've to do so. And of course, after the cancellation, passengers look for a refund.
Different airlines have different refund policies and procedures. Air Canada refunds the total amount of the ticket if canceled within 24 hours from the date of purchase. Also, if the passenger has canceled the tickets after 24 hours, a cancellation fee will be charged that will depend on the fare type purchased.
Does Air Canada Allow Flight Cancellation?
Air Canada provides a variety of facilities to the passengers. However, sometimes due to some emergency, passengers need to cancel their tickets. According to the cancellation policy of Air Canada, passengers can cancel their tickets anytime before departure if they need to do so. Meanwhile, there are some cancellation charges that they have to pay if the flight is canceled after 24 hours of booking. Still, if the passengers cancel the ticket within 24 hours, a complete refund is initiated by Air Canada.
What Happens if my Air Canada Flight is Canceled?
If Air Canada cancels the flight due to some issue at their end as sometimes things happen that are not under anyone's control. In such a situation, if the next flight is after three hours from the scheduled time of the canceled flight, then the passenger is eligible for the compensation that Air Canada provides because of the delay caused by them. However, if the flight has been canceled due to some natural calamities or some government announcements, Air Canada is not responsible for the compensation. However, passengers will reach their destination on the next flight after some delay.
How Long Does It Take To Get a Refund from Air Canada?
There are two types of flight tickets; refundable and non- refundable. If the passengers have canceled their refundable tickets, the refund amount will get transferred to the same source through which payment was made, and charges will be applied, if any. Once Air Canada approves and initiates the refund request, it takes 7-10 days to transfer to the same source. Meanwhile, if the passenger has canceled the non-refundable tickets, then no refund will be initiated by Air Canada.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy
- All passengers have 24 hours from their booking to cancel their tickets without being charged the cancellation fee regarding the selected fare type.
- If the passenger cancels the ticket after 24 hours of booking, a cancellation fee will be charged depending on the fare type.
- Along with cancellation, passengers can also change their reservation within 24 hours from the original booking without a cancellation fee, regardless of the selected fare type.
- If the users have brought the tickets from any agent or any third-party agent, they have their policies, which are applied.
- If the users don't want the refund, they can also rebook the flight or exchange the tickets for the Air Canada credits, which can be used for future use. While if you choose a refund, then it'll be credited to the original payment method.
Air Canada Refund Policy for Canceled Flights
Air Canada provides several facilities to passengers for a comfortable and affordable trip. However, there are times when air Canada cancels the flight due to some unusual circumstances or situations. Below are some of the policies that air Canada follows for canceled flights.
- If air Canada cancels the flight before 4-5 hours of the scheduled departure, then the passenger can claim a full refund from the airline.
- If air Canada informs passengers about the cancelation before, then passengers can also get the refund as flight credit which can be used for future use.
- If the passenger is informed about the cancelation at the airport, they can book any flight on the same day from air Canada.
Air Canada Refund for Delayed Flights
If the passenger faces severe delay with flight, then air Canada either provides the next flight to the passenger or if the passenger wants the refund, then they can also request for a refund of their flight which can be either issued with the same method of payment or in the form of flight credits for future use.
Is Air Canada Giving Refunds for Canceled Flights
- Air Canada provides the refund of the canceled flights if air Canada cancels due to some non-stoppable cause or emergency.
- Also, if the passengers cancel their flight within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, then a complete refund is initiated to the passenger,
- If the cancellation is made after 24 hours, the cancellation fee is charged, and the refund is based on the fare type.
- Air Canada also provides the refund in the form of flight credit to the passenger, which can be used to book the next flight.
- If the users have brought the tickets from a travel agent or any other agency, they have their policies, which are applied.
How To Get A Refund from Air Canada?
To get a refund from Air Canada, passengers are requested to fill the refund form after the cancellation of the flight.
- Visit the manage booking section on the official website of Air Canada.
- Fill up the required details and like the booking id, first and last name of the passenger
- Review the details, click on the cancel tab.
- Choose the applicable cancellation reason and submit.
- Once canceled the ticket, fill up the refund form available on the official website of Air Canada.
- Submit the form with all the details.
If the passengers face any other issue while requesting a refund then they can also contact customer care support for help and support.
How long does it take to get a refund from Air Canada?
There are two types of flight tickets of air Canada; refundable and non- refundable. If the passenger has canceled the non-refundable tickets, then no refund is initiated by Air Canada. While if the passengers have canceled their refundable tickets, then the refund amount is transferred to the same source through the same payment method, and charges will be applied, if any. Once Air Canada approves and initiates the refund request, it takes 7-10 days to transfer to the same source.