- How Much Luggage is Allowed in Gulf Air?
Helpline for How Much Luggage is Allowed in Gulf Air? 1-805-372-0680
Cheapflightinfo Travel Tips:
You are ready to fly but unsure what to take with you; how much luggage is allowed on Gulf Air? Don't worry; after reading the article, you will get all the information. Gulf Air is a state own airline and the flag carrier of the kingdom of Bahrain. The airline has its baggage policy and rules, so the passengers carry the luggage according to the rules, and if they want to carry more, they have to pay the charges for the baggage. Read the policies and rules of Gulf Air. But you should know that the airline does not provide any compensation for scratches, dents, or small cuts because they get a little scratch on wheels, straps, and handles on normal baggage handling. They provide you the compensation for lost, delayed, or damaged baggage.
Gulf Air Carry-On Baggage
The airline only provides one baggage, in carry-on baggage, but the dimensions should be different according to the class. To know the hand baggage allowance for Gulf Air, Read below about the different classes.
Falcon Gold Business Class
You can carry one bag of dimension 22*16*12 in/ 55*40*30 cm, or you can carry one garment carrier of 20cm plus one briefcase of dimension 17*15*12 in/ 43*38*30 cm, and the weight should be 20 lb/ 9kg.
You can carry one bag of dimensions 17*15*12 in/ 45*40*30 cm, and the weight should be a maximum of 13 lb/6kg.
For Infants not Occupying A Seat
You can carry only one bag of maximum dimension 18*14*8 in/ 44*35*20 cm with a maximum weight of 7 lb/ 3kg.
Gulf Air Checked Baggage Allowance
For the checked baggage, you should carry the weight written below.
- If you are traveling through Falcon Gold Business Class, you can carry a weight up to 88 lb/40kg.
- If you are traveling through Economy class, you can carry up to 66 lb/ 30kg.
- If you are a frequent flyer of Gulf Air, you will automatically get an extra baggage allowance shown on your ticket.
Extra Baggage For Frequent Flyers
- If you are a frequent silver flyer, you can carry up to 33 lb/15kg.
- If you are a frequent gold flyer, then you can take extra baggage up to 44 lb/ 20kg.
- If you are a frequent black flyer, then you can take extra baggage up to 55 lb/ 25 kg.
- As per the regulations of IATA, no single baggage should weigh more than 70 lb/ 32 kg.
For passengers traveling on a codeshare service, the airline fixes the baggage allowance written below.
Falcon Gold Business Class
You can carry up to 2 bags, and the dimensions of the baggage are 62 inches/ 158 cm. The weight of each bag is not more than 70 lb/ 32 kg.
You can carry up to 2 bags, and the combined dimension of the bag should be 107 inches/ 273 cm. And the weight should not be more than 50 lb/ 23 kg for each bag. If you carry any bag more than 50 lb/ 23 kg, but less than 70 lb/ 32 kg will be charged, they have to pay the fee of &50 PER BAG.
Infants not occupying a seat
- They can also take up to 2 bags, and the combined dimension should be 107 inches/ 273 cm. And the weight should not be more than 50 lb / 23 kg for each bag.
What is a 2PC Baggage Allowance in Gulf Air?
Two checked pieces that the total linear dimension (height + width + depth) for each of the bag and the bag does not exceed 158 cm (62 inches), and the weight of each bag should not exceed 32kg (70 lbs). After this, you get to know What is 2pc baggage allowance in Gulf Air is? This is the 2pc baggage allowance.
Luggage Policy of Gulf Air
A Gulf Air baggage policy is made by the airline to ensure that their passengers cannot suffer from any type of query related to baggage. Read below the policies of Gulf Air.
- The baggage allowance depends on the flight origin, destination, dare type, and departure date.
- You have to check in your bag at every connecting point if traveling on a connecting flight.
- If your luggage exceeds the size and weight, it will cost you extra, but it is subject to space availability.
What Are the Baggage Policies of Gulf Air?
The travelers who are ready to travel by Gulf Air will definitely ask for the terms and conditions of the airline before they board their flights. When passengers are having a confusing situation, what if there is any excess baggage the travelers need to know what the policies of Gulf Air are. Many of them have questions on What is Gulf Air checked baggage and hold luggage policy. Gulf Air is the Bahrain Airline with many provinces and resources for their travelers.
To know the baggage policies of the airline, passengers can go through the terms and conditions regarding the luggage, and the airline is mentioned below:
Here is Some of the Baggage Policies According to the flight tickets:
To know the Gulf Air baggage policies according to the types of flight tickets that passengers have booked for their journey, travelers have to read the follow up mentioned in the below section:
Gulf Air Baggage Allowance Economy Class:
For those passengers who are traveling in economy class and want to get through Gulf air baggage allowance economy class. The policies are dependent upon the carry-on, cabin, and the occupancy of the flight. The policies are as follows:
Carry-on or Cabin Baggage Policies:
- Only one bag is allowed in the cabin, which should be 17x15x12 inches or 45x40x30 cm.
- The weight of the luggage or baggage should be around 13lb or 6 kgs.
- For carry-on baggage, passengers can only carry purses, briefcases, laptop bags, or backpacks.
Checked Baggage Policies:
- For the checked baggage policies, passengers are only allowed to carry two pieces of luggage with them.
- The baggage weight must not be more than 66kg/30kgs.
- The checked baggage Allowance is only 2 pieces.
- Maximum dimensions of each piece should be 62 linear inches/ 158 centimeters (length+width+height).
- The maximum weight of each linear should be around 50lb or 23kgs.
Gulf Air Baggage Allowance Business Class:
For passengers traveling in business class and wanting to know Gulf air baggage allowance business class, they can follow the tips mentioned below with all the important information.
Carry-on baggage for falcon gold Business class:
- There will be one bag whose maximum dimensions should be 17x15x12 inches and 55x40x30 centimeters.
- Or one garment carrier with a maximum width of 8 inches or 12 centimeters.
- Plus one briefcase with maximum dimensions of 17 x 15 x 12 in/43 x 38 x 30 cm.
- The total weight should be around 20lb or 9 kgs.
Checked Baggage Allowance:
- For those passengers who have booked Falcon gold business class tickets, they are allowed to carry 88 kgs or 40 kgs.
- For the frequent flyers, the airline provides free extra baggage, and the dimensions should be according to the given section.
- For those holding frequent silver flyers, 33lb/ 15 kg.
- For the Gold frequent flyer: 44 lb/20 kg
- Black frequent flyer 55 lb/25 kg
There are codeshare services facilities for the passengers who are traveling to America or Canada. There is a piece of expectation that was introduced by the airline that is mentioned below:
- The checked baggage allowance is only 2 pieces.
- Maximum Combined Dimensions of both pieces should be around the height of 107 linear inches/273cm (length + width + height)
- The Maximum Weight of each piece is considered to be only 50 lb/23 kg.
- Any baggage or luggage weighing more than 50 lb/23 kg but less than 70 lb/32 kg will be charged a fee of $50 per piece.
- Gulf Airlines will not accept bags weighing more than 70 lb/32 kg.
Gulf Air Hand Baggage Allowance:
Travelers who are searching for the baggage policies for Gulf Air hand baggage allowance are given if passengers can carry purses, briefcases, or handy items with them.