- How Strict Is American Airlines Pet Policy?
Helpline for How Strict Is American Airlines Pet Policy? 1-805-372-0680
Cheapflightinfo Travel Tips:
American airlines are one of the largest and long-established airlines in the US. The airline is known for its outstanding service and for providing the utmost passenger satisfaction. For the facility of the passengers, the airlines allow their pets on board. Therefore there have specific rules and regulations which you need to comply over. Some customers ask how strict is American airlines pet policy? American airlines have a pet policy that is very concise and straightforward. You can either carry on, check or transport your pet via cargo.
Can I Buy A Seat For My Dog On American Airlines?
If you are travelling with American airlines, you can take your pet with you in the cabin. There are many rules which you need to follow to take your dog in the carrier. As many customers ask, can I buy a seat for my dog on American airlines? You need to call the customer support team and know about the relevant rules and restrictions of pet policy. You can also read the below information regarding the pet policy.
Information Related To American Airlines Pet Policy:
You can take your pet into the cabin once you meet the below requirements outlined by the airline:
- Cats or dogs must be over eight weeks old.
- They must be fully vaccinated and have a health certificate.
- Pets must have a flight approved kennel, which adheres to the dimensions of 19cm*13cm*9cm, outlined by the airline.
- The kennel must be leak proof and escape-proof and must fit under the seat in front of you in the entire flight.
- Pets must register in advance for travelling with all required documents submitted.
- Pet carrier counts as a carry-on bag or personal item, and a combined weight of the carrier and your pet cannot exceed 220 LBS or 9.07 kegs’ at check-in.
- Up to 2 pets must be checked, and they must meet the minimum age and health requirements.
- When checking a pet, you need to contact the reservations at least 48 hours before travel.
- Your pets kennel must be large enough for your pet to stand, turn and sit down in a natural position.
- The kennel must be made of wood, metal, plastic or similar materials.
- The kennel must be rigid and secure enough so the animal cannot escape through gaps or poke any body part through the container.
- The kennel must have four sides’ ventilation and separate food and water dishes attached securely inside the travel.
With the above simple points of American airlines' pet policy, you can travel easily with your pets to various domestic and international destinations.
Does American Airlines Require A Health Certificate for Pets?
To ensure the health and safety of your pet, the health certificate should be submitted by a vet within:
- 10 days of your travel.
- 60 days of your return (travel on same ticket)
- 10 days of your return (travel on a separate ticket)
If you don’t understand the above requirement for health and certificate and want to know, does American airlines requires a health certificate for pets? You can go to the American website and know all the points related to rules and regulations.
Guide To Fly With Dog On American Airlines
American Airlines is one of the most significant airlines in the aviation industry that is also known as the largest airline throughout the world. It has maintained its position as the ruling airline in the industry by providing the best possible services and maintaining a healthy relationship with its customers.
Traveling nowadays is not a complex task, and people usually do not find it hard in booking tickets for themselves, but if you have a pet dog and you cannot leave your pet in any daycare, if you wish to travel with your pet so you can do that pretty quickly with American Airlines. If the only question that pops up in your mind is What paperwork do I need to fly with my dog on American Airlines, follow through to get a clear understanding;
Documents Required For You To Fly With Your Pet
The points mentioned below will help you on the topic of what all documents do you require to travel with your pet;
- Health Certificate- You’ll have to showcase a health certificate of your dog from an authorized veterinarian done within the time span of 10 days before your departure date. If you are planning to book a return flight on the same ticket, then you’ll have to showcase the health certificate done during the time span of 60 days before your return flight.
Pet Charges For American Airlines
If you are now sorted to fly with your pet dog, and you are thinking about the expense as you are a little tight on the budget, in that case, keep on reading as the points mentioned below will help you understand the American Airlines pet charges quickly, and you can have a clear mind before making a reservation or booking with American Airlines;
- Cabin- If you have a small dog that meets the requirements, then you can carry your pet dog along with you in the cabin. This can only be possible if your dog meets the size requirements of American Airlines' pet policy or in case your dog is your emotional support. The budget to carry your pet in the cabin with American Airlines is 125 dollars, and it needs to be paid at the time of making a reservation for your flight with American Airlines.
- Cargo- If your dog doesn’t meet the size requirements for a cabin, then you can book your dog as cargo as well. If you make a booking as cargo for your dog, then a fee of 125 dollars will be charged, and every other measure will be taken care of regarding the feed and the water for your dog.
Pets In A Cabin With American Airlines
If you are wondering that Does American Airlines allow pets in the cabin, then keep on reading as the following points will help you with the same;
- You can carry your dog with you in the cabin with American Airlines.
- Your dog must meet the Pet Policy of American Airlines.
- The size requirements for the dog must be met.
Therefore, if your dog meets the criteria mentioned above, you can carry your dog in the cabin, and your query can be sorted out with the help of following the above-listed points.