How To Get a Student Visa for the USA?
The USA has been a country of opportunities, and thus, many students fly to America for educational purposes. Are you also looking to pursue your higher studies in the United States of America? If yes, then you must obtain a student visa first. Getting a U.S. Student visa is a long process involving several steps, around 3 to 5 months. This section of the article will inform you about how to apply for the visa, read below to know the process:
Complete the online visa Application- The first step in obtaining a U.S. student visa is to fill out a DS-160 form with your current photo. Once you fill out the form, you must print the application confirmation page and keep it with you to take it to the visa interview.
Schedule an Interview- If you fall within the age range of 14 to 79, you will have to schedule an interview for the visa. To proceed with the process, you are required to arrange an interview at the U.S. Embassy or consulate located in your country. However, you can also schedule your interview in a different country where you are not living, but qualifying for an interview can be difficult in such cases.
Appointment Wait Time- Once you have scheduled your interview, you will have to wait for the interview call. To know your wait time, visit the official U.S. Embassy page, move to the appointment wait time option, and enter the city where you have scheduled your interview, and the details will flash on the screen.
- The visa for the new student can be issued up to 365 days before the commencement of the course, but you can enter the country only one month before your course starts.
Pay the Application Fee- The students will have to pay a fee of $185, which is non-refundable. After this, you should start preparing for your interview. Once your visa has been approved, it is required that you pay a visa issuance fee based on your country of residence.
Assemble all the documents- The students must gather them in one place before heading to the embassy for the interview. These documents are passport, photos, DS-160 form confirmation page, School test scores, diploma or degree, Bank statements, or financial proof stating you can pay for your stay and education in the U.S.
Attend the Interview- Once you have collected all these documents, get your interview schedule. You are about to undergo an interview with a counselor who will assess your eligibility for a U.S. Visa. You must meet all the requirements for the visa as per the U.S. law. You may have to undergo an administrative process after the interview.
Once his visa is issued, pay a visa issuance fee and get ready to fly to America for your higher studies.
What is the Fastest Student Visa for the USA?
The students can apply for three types of visas in the United States of America: F-1 or M-1. Out of these, an F-1 visa is the fastest process to get a student visa. These visas are for:
- F-1 Visa- The students are applying for a full-time international student pursuing academic studies.
- M-1 Visa- If you are looking for a vocational course in the U.S., you should apply for an M-1 visa.
What are the Requirements for a Student Visa in the USA?
The students must present certain documents in front of the visa officer. If they lack documentation, the visa officer will reject their visa. Thus, they are advised to complete their documentation before the interview process. If you want to know the requirements for the U.S. student visa, you are advised to read the points below:
- The passport must be valid for at least six months when your course ends.
- Nonimmigrant visa application, form DS-160 confirmation page.
- If you have paid your visa application fee before the interview, get the receipt with you during the interview.
- If you fail to upload your photo in the DS-160 form, you must bring one colored photo to the interview.
- Your institute will send you an I-20 form to register you in the Student and Exchange Visitor System and get the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrants.
- Get the certificate stating your educational qualifications, such as your degree, mark sheet, transfer certificate, etc.
- Get the documents to prove how you will pay for your education and accommodation in the U.S.
- Offer letter from U.S.-based schools and institutions.
Is It Difficult To Get A Student Visa for the USA?
Every year, lakhs of students apply for U.S. student visas, and many enroll in one of their top institutions. If you want to study in America, you must apply for an F-1 visa first. The process to obtain a visa is simple and easy if you get all the required documents and meet their requirements, but it takes longer to get a U.S. student visa. You are advised to apply at least four months before the commencement of the course.
How Much Money is Required for a USA Student Visa?
The U.S. supports the idea of capitalism; thus, studying in the U.S. can be costly for international and national students. However, U.S.-based degrees have a wide acceptance worldwide and open new opportunities for students. During the interview, one must explain how they will pay for their stay and education to the counselor. They may check the bank statement. You are suggested to have at least $ 10,000 in your bank account for the previous six months.
How Long Does it Take to Get A US Student Visa?
The time for the U.S. student visa may vary depending on the course and complexity of the course you have applied for. You may get your visa in just 2 to 3 weeks, covering the whole process, but in some cases, it may take 3 to 4 months to get your updated passport. You are advised to apply for your visa at least four months before the starting date of your college.
Read More: Is Australia Student Visa Easy to Get?