If you are a frequent flyer of Cathay Pacific and have an Asia Miles account, you can use it for several purposes. The Asia Miles comes with an expiry date, and you must use it before the expiry. Moreover, if you want to transfer your Asia Miles to someone else, the airline allows you to do that. In this article, you will learn about How to Transfer Asia Miles to Another Person? And other relevant details.
Follow The Steps Below to Transfer AsiaMiles to Another Person
Asia Miles allows you to transfer miles to the account of any selected redemption Group nominee and is subject to service fee payment.
- To transfer miles, you can nominate up to 5 individuals to the redemptions group by logging into your Asia Miles account online. Once you log in, click on the options' Your Account ', and Edit Profile,' then click on 'redemption group member.'
- Go to the 'transfer Miles' section under the 'manage files.
- Enter the receipt miles membership number and other details.
- You can insert the number of miles you want to transfer.
- Follow the prompt, and you can transfer the mile successfully.
How Much is the Transfer Fee for Asia Miles?
A service fee applies while transferring Asia Miles to the redemption group members. The minimum block transfer miles you can do is 10000 Asia Miles by paying the service fee of around $ 170. If you want to transfer further blocks of 5000 Asia Miles, you must pay the service fee of around $140 /per block.
What is the Minimum Transfer Amount for Asia Miles?
The minimum transfer amount of Asia miles is 1000 membership reward points (the increment of 1000 miles). In comparison, the maximum transfer amount of Asa Miles is 999 000. For any transfer, you should have the minimum number of Asia Miles. The general time taken to transfer the points to your Asia Miles account is around three business days.
How Long Does an Asia Miles Refund Take?
The timeline for processing an Asia Miles refund varies based on various factors; generally, it is 4-6 weeks. If you want to request a refund, you can contact Asia Miles customer service directly or visit the manage my booking section on the website. The Asia Miles team will guide you through the refund process and also provide the exact time taken by the airline. Note: that refund timelines are subject to individual situations and might vary case by case.
How Do I Claim Back Asia Miles?
In case you don't provide your Cathay membership number while check-in, there are chances that Asia Miles or Status points might not have been credited. To claim back your missing miles, follow these steps:
- Log in to your cathay pacific account at www.cathaypacific.com and click "Miles & Points" under "Your Account" on the page.
- Then go to" Manage your miles" and "Claim missing Status Points and/or Asia Miles (Flights)" to complete your Missing Mileage Request Form online.
- Ensure to do it after seven days and within six months of the travel.
- Once the claim process is successful, the Miles will be credited back into your account in 6 to 8 weeks.
Claim your Asia Miles back over the phone
- Dial the Cathay Pacific customer support number and follow IVR to talk to the agent.
- Provide the required supporting evidence and documents to support your claim, such as receipts, booking confirmations, etc.
- The customer service team will complete the claim process on your behalf and also provide specific instructions on what information is required and how you can proceed with the claim.
Conclusion: By reading the information above, you must be clear about how to transfer Asia miles, How Much the Transfer Fee for Asia Miles? and other details. If you still need more information or are confused, visit the Cathay Pacific Asia Miles online. Moreover, speak to the airline directly to get any particular information.