About The Cancellation Policy Of RyanAir
Flight cancellations are indeed scary and frustrating depending under what circumstances they happens. However, sometimes you just need to cancel your flight no matter how important is your travel plans. When it comes to the cancellation policy of Ryanair, the Dublin-based airline is quite good with its flight cancellations and providing what’s best for the passengers under such unavoidable situations.
If you have booked your flight tickets with Ryanair and now due to any reason you wish to cancel them then here’s what you need to know about the Ryanair cancellation policy.
Ryanair Risk-Free Cancellation Policy
Usually, every airline follows the 24-hours risk free cancellation policy; however, Ryanair is one of the exceptions that do not follow such policy. The airline only allows you to cancel its flight within 1 month prior to your scheduled departure for free. In addition, you will not even receive refund for your Ryanair cancellation.
Ryanair Flight Cancellation Fee
Whether you cancel your flight within 24 hour prior to your flight departure or you want your money refunded, you’ll need to pay the Ryanair Booking Cancellation Fees that varies $19-$22 depending on the routes and your flight fare type. Moreover, all the Ryanair flight fares are non-refundable but you can still claim compensation for your canceled flight.
How To Claim Compensation On Ryanair
Ryanair does provide compensation for your cancelled flight due to any personal reasons. In addition, if your flight has been delayed or cancelled from the airline’s end then you are entitled for the compensation depending on the kilometers covered by your flight. Here’s how.
- If your flight has covered less than 1500 KM then the compensation value will go up to $277
- If the Ryanair flight has covered 1500-3500 KM then the compensation value will go up to $442
You can apply for the compensation by contacting the reservation center of Ryanair or by visiting its office al website. The customer service experts and on-screen instructions will assist your through the compensation process easily.
How To Cancel Flight Online On Ryanair
In case, if you don’t know how to make online flight cancellations on Ryanair then here’s what you can do.
- Navigate to the official website of Ryanair in your web browser
- Scroll to the My Booking tab on the top-right and then you can use the following ways to find your bookings
o Google or Facebook account
o Reservation Number & your email address
- Get access to your account and then select the booking that you wish to cancel
- Now, scroll to the bottom of cancellation page and then select the Cancel option to make your cancelation
- Go through the customer consent page and then Proceed to the passenger identification web page
- Now, you can submit a document to support your health issues if you are cancelling your Ryanair flight due to illness
- Next, review your cancellations and then move on to the refund page
- Submit the cancellation & refund request and wait for the confirmation
How To Track Flight Cancellation On Ryanair
The following steps will keep you updated with your flight cancellations or delays on Ryanair.
- Head over to the official homepage of Ryanair in your web browser
- Get access to your account and then select the booking foe which you want to know the status
- Follow the further on-screen instructions to get updates
Refund Policy of Ryanair: Important Guidelines
The following are the important guidelines from the Ryanair cancellation refund policy that you need to know.
- Ryanair do not provide any refund for its cancelled flight within 24 hours prior to their respective scheduled departures
- A cancellation fee of $19-$22 is applicable for acquiring refund on the flight cancelled within a month prior to the scheduled departure
Furthermore, contact customer services to get any other information on Ryanair cancellation policy & other policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Ryanair cancellation Policy can be applied on both refundable and non-refundable fares. Yes, you can get a refund without any hassle. To avail it you need to ensure that you have booked the flight tickets from the
- online portal of Ryanair
- via the phone with Ryanair, or
- via the Ryanair ticket counter only
The Policy states that you can get a full refund if you cancel a booking within 24 hours of its purchase. However, it is valid for customers of US and Canada and not for the UK and Europe.
Bookings made under Ryanair Club Miles is not covered under the cancellation policy. If you have made you purchase by using the Ryanair Club Miles then this policy is not covered under it.
No, Group reservations also don’t fall under this policy. If you have made any Group reservations then you must follow group reservation rules and regulations.
To cancel a flight you need to go to flight cancellation helpdesk and initiate a request for the cancellation. You can cancel it online but the following conditions must be fulfilled:
You must have booked your tickets from the online platform of the airline or an OTA (Online Travel Agency)
- If you must cancel the tickets 2 hours before the departure of the flight
Steps for cancellation:
- Click on the Manage my booking section and fill in your booking information by
Entering your six digit booking reference number and also put the passenger’s last name, or
Enter your credit/debit card details, or
Sign in with your registered email with Ryanair
- You can carefully select the flight you want to cancel
- click on it
- the last step is to check the confirmation email of cancellation in your inbox
You can also cancel via ticket office. If you are not able to do it online then you can go to their booking office, do carry necessary documents and flight ticket.
If a flight gets cancelled then as per Ryanair’s cancelled flight rules you are entitled for a refund and compensation. The following are the circumstances when such a situation pops in:
- if your flight gets delayed by more than 3 hours
- if the information about the cancellation is not conveyed to you before 14 days from the date of departure
- if due to some reason you couldn’t be put on board the flight
There are situations when you may be denied refund and/or compensation. They are:
if you fail to check-in in time and the boarding gate closes for departure of the aircraft
if you fail to behave properly or do not co-operate with the airport and security staff.
Normally it takes around 7 to 10 working days for the refund to be processed back to the payee’s account through the original mode of payment.