You can check in with Southwest airlines before reaching the airport. That can be done online on the official website. However, there are other ways you can check-in. You can even check in at the airport with the help of the Kiosk machine or mobile check-in app. However, it is always recommended that you use the online path web check-in / mobile check in app because then you’ll be able to save time.
How Do I Check in on the Southwest iPhone App?
When you have bought a flight ticket from Southwest Airlines and urge to get the boarding pass on your iPhone, For that, you get to conduct a check-in on the iPhone app, and the hint for using this has been laud at the bottom:-
- First, install the application of Southwest Airlines
- And then, you can sign into your account or continue as a guest.
- After that, click on the menu icon and choose the check-in options
- Now, you have to enter your reference number with your last name.
- Then choose a passenger and click on the check-in icon
- Afterward, you can have the details of the itinerary and click on the continue options
- Once the process is completed, you can get a boarding pass in the app.
How Can I Perform Southwest Web Check-in?
On Southwest Airlines, you can use its web check-in option to pursue the request independently. And if you are looking for the hint, then act with the steps that are stated at the bottom:-
- Head to the official website of Southwest Airlines
- And then, click on the check-in icons
- After that, you get to enter the confirmation number with your first and last name.
- Later, choose a passenger for check-in, and then you may get to enter the passenger's information.
- One of the next steps you can get the option to change seats and add the details.
- You can get a boarding pass on your mobile when the proceeding is finished.
What is Southwest's Check-in Policy?
When you check in at Southwest Airlines, you get to follow the statutory provisions. Those details have been embedded in the policy, and that is illustrated at the bottom:-
- When you have bought the eligible fares, you can conduct your check-in between 24 hours and one hour before its scheduled departure.
- If you have made any special request from the airline, you may have to visit the airline counter for check-in.
- When a modification in the itinerary has been conducted after check-in. So you get to pursue the process again.
- At the time of check-in, you can select a seat or add any information to your reservation.
- When a passenger has opted for EarlyBird check-in, then a boarding position could be already reserved, and they can retrieve that online or at the airport,
How Do I Check in on my Phone for Southwest?
There are many options for check-in at Southwest Airlines, one of which is a phone. When you want to get an electronic boarding pass on mobile, then follow the steps that have been displayed at the bottom:-
- Firstly, you get to download an app from Southwest Airlines
- Further, click on the menu icon and choose check-in options
- After that, choose the name of the passenger and click on the check-in icon
- Now, an itinerary detail appears, and click on the continue options.
- And then, you can get the boarding pass in the application.
How To Check Into Southwest Flight 2023?
When you bought a flight ticket for Southwest Airlines in 2023 and want to get check-in done, do not worry about it. That are multiple modes offered by the airline, and those are as follows:-
- Web check-in
- App check-in on android or ios
- Airline counter
What are Southwest Check-in Restrictions?
There are some restrictions to conducting the check-in at Southwest Airlines, and by following that, you can get access to the boarding pass quickly. And the element of the restriction has been demonstrated underneath:-
- A passenger made a special request as medical assistance, unaccompanied minor, or anything that you may not able to use web check-in modes.
- You may not be able to go for check-in with restricted items like dry cell batteries, knives, aerosol, or sensors.
- You can check in within the prescribed time, not before nor after the expiration of the duration.
How Do I Download my Southwest Boarding Pass to my iPhone App?
When you want a guide to download the boarding pass on your iPhone after completing the check-in via the app, relax because here you can get the details about that. Thus the steps for that have been laid at the bottom:-
- Get to the Southwest application on iPhone
- Then enter your account or sign up as a guest.
- After that, click on the menu options.
- And then, click on the boarding pass options
- Further, you can download that or save it to your apple wallet.
How Early Can You Check in your Bags for Southwest?
You are allowed to check in twenty-four hours before the flight's departure time. However, if you want to check in at the airport, you have to ensure that you have reached the airport at least two hours before the departure time of your flight in case of a domestic flight. If it is an international flight, ensure to check at least three hours before the departure time.
Types of check-in
There are different types of check-in that you can perform. You only need to ensure that you have taken the path given below. In this manner, you’ll have several ways to check in.
- Web check-in - You can check in online through the official website of Southwest Airlines. This will help you check in before you reach the airport.
- Kiosk check-in - You can use the Kiosk machine at the airport. Through that, you can get the print of the boarding pass. It is going to help you in avoiding the long queue at the airport for check-in.
- Airport check-in - This is undoubtedly the oldest method of check-in. You have to ensure that you have reached the airport at least three hours prior to the flight's departure time.
How Much Does It Cost to Check A Bag Southwest?
It is entirely free of cost to get your bag checked in with Southwest Airlines. However, you need to ensure that you have fulfilled the conditions that are given in the baggage policy of Southwest Airlines. In this manner, you’ll be able to maintain the weight, quantity, and size limit; after that, you’re not going to be charged extra.
Southwest Check-in Bag Policy
- You will be charged for the first two checked bags once and if they are within the weight and measurement limit.
- In case your baggage is oversized, then you need to make the payment of $75 per item.
- Suppose you want to carry more than two checked baggage. Then you need to make the payment of $75 per baggage.
- The total sum of the baggage's length, breadth, and height should be at most sixty-two inches.
Southwest Airlines Car Seat Check-in Policy
You need to ensure that you have followed the check-in policy of Southwest given below.
- You can check in twenty-four hours before the departure time of the flight.
- You have to ensure that you have completed the check-in process at least two hours before the flight's departure time.
- You can make the seat selection once you have yet to check-in. Once you have completed the check-in process, you will not be allowed to choose the seat.
Hopefully, you have the answer regarding the booking you wanted to make with Southwest Airlines. You can even connect with the customer service team by calling 1-800-435-9792, to know the check-in and baggage policy of Southwest Airlines.