Aegean airlines provide you with the option to cancel your flight online and offline. You can cancel the flight via the same medium as you book the flight.
Aegean Airlines Cancellation 24-hour Policy
As per the 24-hour policy, if you purchase the ticket seven days or more before the departure, you can cancel it within 24 hours of booking. You are eligible to get a full refund in this case, and you don't need to pay any cancellation fee.
However, after 24 hours, you might have to pay the cancellation fee based on the fare conditions. The cancellation fee depends on the fare type, destination, cancellation time, etc.
When Aegean Cancels Your Flight
In case the airline cancels the flight, you have the option to rebook it, ask for a credit voucher, or choose to get a refund.
If you fail to board your flight, you need to pay a certain charge, and the value of the ticket is forfeited.
If you wish to discover detailed information regarding the cancellation fee of Aegean Airlines, you can reach out to the customer service of the airline anytime you want.
How To Cancel an Aegean Airlines Ticket?
You can cancel the ticket online and offline by following the procedure below.
Aegean Cancel the Flight Ticket Online
- Go to the website of Aegean Airlines that https://en.aegeanair.com/ using any web browser
- Navigate to the booking page to access your trip details
- Now login to your account using your email id and password
- You can visit the My booking section and enter the flight details, click next
- You can enter the name and contact information, and other basic details of the flight.
- Choose the ticket you wish to cancel and ensure if you are getting a refund option or not.
- You can fill out the refund form simultaneously after canceling the ticket.
- Once done, the airline sends you the confirmation email for cancellation
Aegean Cancel The Flight Ticket by Phone Calling
You can also call on the toll-free number of Aegean Airlines and get in touch with the customer service to request cancellation. You can speak to the airline support team and explain your reason for cancellation. The support team may ask you to put the call on hold and check the possibilities. If you are eligible for the refund, it will be processed immediately after cancellation.
Aegean Airlines Cancellation Fee
- As per the airline's cancellation policy, if you cancel the flight within 24 hours of ticket purchase, you can cancel the ticket without any fee. If you fail to cancel a flight in this period, you will have to pay the cancellation fee.
- The cancellation fee depends on the fare type, cancellation time, destination, etc.
- If you cancel the flight within 24 hours of departure, you might have to pay a cancellation fee of around $ 100 to $ 500.
- The cancellation fee also depends on the flight type, domestic or international, class of tickets, etc.
Is Aegean Air Giving Refunds?
Yes, Aegean Air gives refunds unless you have an eligible ticket type. You can apply for the refund by submitting a refund request form online and (1-805-372-0680) contacting the support team of Aegean Airlines. To apply for a refund, you must cancel your flight first.
Besides, as per the 24-hour policy of the airline, if you cancel the flight ticket within 24 hours or a day of purchase, you are eligible to get a full refund, no matter what ticket type you have. Canceling a ticket after 24 hours, you might have to pay the penalty.
While booking tickets, the most crucial thing to consider is if the tickets are refundable; if yes, then how much is refunded. With the rising coronavirus and restrictions being imposed and lifted in cycles, looking into airline policies before booking a ticket is a must.
Today we are covering if the Aegean airlines offer a refund, how long does AEGEAN refund process take, their refund policy, and how to make the request.
If you want to know how to proceed with the refund request and the refund policy, then go through the following points to get a clear idea.
Aegean Air Refund Policy
- As per the airline's refund policy, you get a full refund if you cancel the ticket within 24 hours of departure.
- The airline initiates the refund into your original payment mode, and it generally takes 7-20 working days to get the refund.
- If you fail to cancel the flight within 24 hours, you can cancel it up to 3 hours from the departure time.
- The refund against the ticket canceled close to the departure is less than the ticket canceled within 24 hours of booking.
- If you make a reservation via a third party, you need to speak to the travel agent to get a refund directly.
How Long Does AEGEAN Refund Take?
- One important question is, How long does AEGEAN refund take? And one must make sure that one is aware of the type of ticket one has booked since the airline provides many categories to choose from, and some do not have an option of a refund.
- There is a 24-hour window open after the flight booking, and customers are required to cancel their tickets within this given time frame to be eligible to receive the refund.
- If the ticket canceled was booked seven days or earlier than the date of departure, then the customer stands a chance of a complete refund. This Aegean refund request policy is subject to airlines and can be changed anytime as per their requirements.
- The refund time frame varies from 7-10 business days from the date of initiation of the request.
- In case the flight is canceled a few hours before the take-off and was not booked seven days or more prior to the date of departure, the airlines can ask you to pay the penalty. This penalty will depend on the type and class of flight booked.
- Usually, the airline charges a penalty of $100-$500 if the ticket is canceled after the 24 hours window is closed.
So before canceling a ticket, make sure to go through the procedure for a refund, request the refund policy, and don't forget to get help from customer services or your travel agent.