Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, also known as DTW airport in a simpler form, is a major international airport in the United States that serves many airlines. It's primarily an international airport that provides services to Detroit and Michigan's busiest airport. This airport is the major hub for Delta Airlines as most of its flights depart or land here.
The terminal of DTW opens from 4:30 AM to 9:00 PM. Still, suppose you are a Delta Sky Club member and wish to avail the lounge facility and service available on different Concourses of McNamara Terminal. In that case, the timings can be slightly different. The passengers can access the lounge from 5:00 AM to 10:30 PM, and these timings can change for the lounge available at different gates.
What Time Does the Delta Check-in Counter Open at DTW?
If the passengers wish to opt for the online check-in, they can proceed with it 48 hours before the scheduled departure of their flight. The web check-in counter of Delta closes 12 hours before the scheduled departure.
In the case of Delta DTW airport check-in, the boarding starts 3 hours to 60 minutes before the scheduled departure of their international flight ticket and 2 hours to 30 minutes before the departure of their domestic flight ticket. In case of special assistance or excess baggage, you should reach one hour before the mentioned time.
Which terminal does Delta use at DTW?
The Detroit Metropolitan Airport has two terminals for Delta flights, which are:
- McNamara Terminal
- Evans Terminal (North Terminal)
The McNamara Terminal is also called Detroit Airport Delta Terminal, as it is the primary airport for Delta Airlines and its Skyteam members. The Skyteam members can get the best lounge facilities at McNamara Terminal. There are many concourses where you'll find the Lounge and other premium services for the Delta Skyteam airline members.
Does Delta have Curbside Check-in at DTW?
Yes, Delta Airlines have curbside check-in at DTW Airport. People know how Covid19 has completely changed the travel experience; keeping that in mind, the airlines have recently launched the curbside check-in desk at the passenger drop-off at most U.S. airports. The passengers can directly check in their baggage after exiting their vehicles. But if the passengers have oversize baggage in that case, they have to bring it inside the airport's oversized baggage area. There are no charges for using the curbside check-in at the airport.
Does Detroit Airport have a Delta Lounge?
Yes, there are multiple Delta Sky Club Lounges at Detroit Airport where the passengers having Skyteam members can avail all the facilities and get the best services.
- Concourse A (Gate A18) – McNamara Terminal, Airside, 2nd level at Express Tram South Station across from Gate A18. Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM (Daily).
- Concourse A (Gate A38) – McNamara Terminal, Airside, gate level at the link, across from Gate A38. Hours: 5:00AM – 10:30PM (Daily).
- Concourse A (Gate A68) – McNamara Terminal, Airside, 2nd level at Express Tram North Station across from Gate A68. Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM (Daily).
- Concourse C – McNamara Terminal, Airside, at gate level near the entrance to Concourse C. Hours: 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM (Daily).
- Beverages (alcohol & non-alcoholic)
- Fax, Photocopiers & hot spot printing
- Newspapers and Magazines
- Personalized Travel Assistance
- Showers (Concourse A – Gate A38 location only)
How Many Gates Does Delta have at DTW?
DTW, operated by the Wayne County Airport Authority, has six runways, two terminals, and 129 in-service gates. The airport also has all the facilities for premium members of Delta and other airlines.
What are the things required to be brought by the passenger at DTW Airport?
Certain things are required to be known by the passengers if they are flying for the first time by air. Some necessary things are required to be brought by the passengers at the airport at the time of boarding the flight ticket.
- ID Card- One of the most important things that are required to be brought by the passengers is an ID card for Air travelers and a Passport for international travelers.
- Tickets- Print your flight ticket or e-ticket based on the Airline's Policy.
- Boarding Pass- If passengers have proceeded for the online check-in, they must bring a hard copy of their boarding pass or get it printed at the self Kiosk Counter at the airport.
- Mobile phone- People usually carry their mobile phones everywhere but here, your phone must have every possible travel app to get the best help at the time of need.