Aer Lingus Check-in Online
To take the boarding pass at Aer Lingus, it is necessary to make an Aer Lingus check online or at the airport, which is easily accessible. However, to make it, you should reach out to the airport earlier to check in, but it will take a long time due to the long queue; you can check online with Aer Lingus for flights within Europe up to 15 days before departure and transatlantic flights up to 24 hours before departure. Also, there are some exceptions to check-in online that are:
- If you are traveling with a child under 16, you will need to check in at the airport with a staff member.
- If traveling with special needs, you may also need to check in with a staff member at the airport.
- You will need your booking reference number and passport number to check in online. You can check in on the Aer Lingus website or app.
How Early to Check in for an Aer Lingus Flight?
Generally, it is always best to arrive at the airport earlier than this, especially during peak travel times or if you are checking in a lot of luggage. It would be best to allow extra security screening time and get to your gate. So, Aer Lingus recommends that you check in at least:
- 3 hours before departure for long-haul flights (to/from North America)
- 2 hours before departure for short-haul flights (within Europe)
Do I have to check in online for an Aer Lingus flight?
You do not have to check in online for your Aer Lingus flight, but it is strongly recommended. Online check-in permits you to skip the check-in queues at the airport and print your boarding pass at home or on your mobile device.
Aer Lingus Check-In Policy
Aer Lingus offers a variety of check-in options, including online check-in, mobile check-in, and check-in at the airport.
- Online check-in opens up to 30 hours before departure for European flights and 24 hours before departure for transatlantic flights. You can check in online at aerlingus.com or the Aer Lingus mobile app.
- Check-in for Business Class on all North American flights closes 60 minutes before departure.
- If you booked your flight through a third-party travel agent, you may need to check with them to see when online check-in opens.
- If you choose not to check in online, also, you can also make a check-in at the airport. However, you may have to wait in line, especially during peak travel times.
- Check-in facilities in Shannon Airport open at 05:00 a.m.
- Aer Lingus recommends that travelers arrive at the airport two hours before their scheduled departure time for European flights and three hours before their scheduled departure time for transatlantic flights. It will allow you plenty of time to check in and go through security.
- If you are checking in a bag, arriving at the airport early is essential to avoid queues at the bag drop desks.
- Online check-in is available for all Aer Lingus flights up to 15 days before departure for European flights and 24 hours before departure for transatlantic flights.
- Aer Lingus offers a variety of checked baggage options, depending on your fare type.
Saver fares: Checked baggage fees apply.
Smart and Flex fares: One 23kg (50lb) checked bag is included per passenger.
Business Class: Three checked bags weighing 69kg (150lb) are included per passenger.
- Once you complete checking in online, it is accessible to print or download your boarding pass to your mobile device. You can also check-in for your checked bags online if you have any.
- Mobile check-in is available for all Aer Lingus flights up to 48 hours before departure. You must download the Aer Lingus app to check in on your mobile device.
- You can check in at the airport if you need help to check in online or on your mobile device. Check-in desks open 2 to 3 hours before flying the European flights and three hours before departure for transatlantic flights.
Should I have to Pay for Making Check-in Online at Aer Lingus?
According to the Aer Lingus website, you should not have to pay for online check-in, regardless of your fare type. However, there are a few exceptions:
- If you are checking in for a group booking, a booking with an infant, or a booking made through the Aer Lingus call center or a travel agency, you can only check in online within 48 hours of your scheduled departure time.
- If you have a Saver Fare, you can check in online up to 15 days before departure, but a seat selection fee will apply.