Cheapflightinfo Travel Tips:
Ethiopian Airlines is known for the best service providing airline services all over Ethiopia. The main hub of Ethiopian is Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. The destinations covered are around 120 plus including with cargo carrying around 50 plus & the fleet size is 100 plus aircraft.
Ethiopian Airlines Cancellation Policy
Yes, passengers are allowed to cancel their reservations with Ethiopian airlines without any hustle or bustle. They just need to be aware of the policies & the fee that is charged on the flight cancellation & the process through which they can easily cancel their booking. Now if you first want to know about the Ethiopian Airlines Cancellation Policy, so that on what basis the cancellation is done you get all the information.
So, here are the Ethiopian airline's cancellation policy points;
- If you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of purchase then you get a full refund
- And in case you want to cancel your ticket before a month of departure then the cancellation fee will be applied to your fare purchase
- The cancellation fee is majorly dependent on the destination, type of fare, & most importantly the time of cancellation of the ticket
- And if in case the passenger misses the free cancellation policy window, then a certain amount of fee will be levied on the passenger.
Ethiopian Flight Cancellation Fee
Now, if you are want to know about the Ethiopian Flight Cancellation Fee, so that before canceling of ticket you may know about the cancellation fee that is charged on Ethiopian flight canceling. If a passenger wants to cancel their Ethiopian airline then they have to bear a certain fee is charged if the booking isn’t canceled in 24 hours.
And if the passenger cancels Ethiopian airline's flight within 24 hours from the scheduled departure of the flight, then a fee of $100 to $400 will be charged as the Ethiopian airline's cancellation fee. Now if the overall price of the ticket falls less than the administrative charge of the airport, then no amount will be refunded to the passenger.
How To Cancel A Flight On Ethiopian Airlines
Hence if you also want to know about the process through which you know about How To Cancel A Flight On Ethiopian Airlines, so that without any hustle you cancel your flight booking at Ethiopian Airlines.
Then there are a few of the steps mentioned below as a guide to cancel your reservation;
- At first you have to browse the official website of the airline
- Then the passenger have to login in its own account through username & password
- After entering into the website go to the manage booking section, then you will be moved to the other page where you will get the cancellation option
- Now enter your last name & confirmation number of your booking
- Then click on the continue button & then you will get the link for cancellation
- Now you have to cross-check the details before canceling & then click continue
- Now submit your canceled airline refund at the same time as per your eligibility
- And submit & your process will be done & you will receive SMS or email regarding the cancellation.
Therefore through these easy steps, you will know that how Can I cancel my flight from Ethiopian Airlines, so that the process less time & gets within few minutes.
Can I get a refund if I cancel my flight with Ethiopian Airlines?
If you have a scheduled flight booking or reservation with Ethiopian Airlines and the plan does not seem certain now, the only question that comes to your mind is ‘Can I get a refund if I cancel my flight with Ethiopian Airlines?’ If you face a similar problem and need to get an effective resolution, fear not because we’ve got you covered. The following will help you understand the complete process for your instant benefit and convenience.
Will Ethiopian Airlines refund your money if you cancel your tickets?
Yes, Ethiopian Airlines will surely refund your money if you cancel your tickets. However, the final amount you receive as a refund or the deduction caused by Ethiopian Airlines will solely depend upon several factors. The amount you receive as a refund will depend upon your fare type, date of cancellation, and the type of booking you had with Ethiopian Airlines.
Will you get your money back from Ethiopian Airlines?
If you are through with the ticket cancellation procedure and now the question you have in your mind is ‘Does Ethiopian refund money?’ In that case, go through the points listed below to get a detailed understanding of the same for your perusal;
- Ethiopian Airlines only provides a refund for the eligible ticket holders.
- It will provide a refund for the tickets canceled within their active period.
- If you cancel your Ethiopian Airlines flight tickets after they’ve expired, you cannot claim a refund from the Ethiopian Airlines team.
Ethiopian Airlines considers all the above points to credit a refund to the passenger’s account. If any of the points don’t match or the customer’s situation varies, you won’t be able to claim or initiate a refund procedure with Ethiopian Airlines.
Ethiopian Airlines Refund Time
If you’ve initiated the refund procedure with Ethiopian Airlines and wonder, ‘How long does refund take from Ethiopian Airlines?’ In that case, go through the following because it will help you understand the period under which you can get a refund from the Ethiopian Airlines team;
- Ethiopian Airlines provides a refund from 7-10 working days.
- The days might vary depending on your payment method.
- If you paid with the help of your credit card, the amount would be credited in the next month’s credit cycle.
- If you paid with the help of your debit card or an online payment platform, the amount would be credited within 10 working days.
- If you paid with the help of cash, the amount would be credited to your bank account, and it can take up to 20 working days.
- If you do not receive your refund even after 20 working days, you’ll have to contact the Ethiopian Airlines customer service team or your respective bank to know about the delay.
One can understand the time under which you can get a refund from the Ethiopian Airlines team via going through all the points listed above for your perusal.
The Refund Policy of Ethiopian Airlines
If you wish to know the policy, follow;
- You’ll have to provide the complete information when filling up the ‘Ethiopian Airlines Refund Request Form.’
- A' No Show' service charge will be added if you request a refund on or after your scheduled flight date.
- If you booked your Ethiopian Airlines flight tickets via any travel agency, you’d have to contact the respective person or agency to claim your refund from Ethiopian Airlines.
- If you booked your tickets via cash, you’d have to contact the nearest Ethiopian Airlines ticket office to initiate your refund procedure.
- The Ethiopian Airlines ticket remains open for one year, and you can initiate the refund procedure within the mentioned time.
- You can only cancel the entire journey of your ticket, and a passenger cannot cancel a single segment accordingly.
- If you fill out the ‘Ethiopian Airlines Refund Request Form’ once, you cannot reverse your request, and you’ll have to go with the process.
Thus, one can instantly understand the Ethiopian Airlines Refund Policy with the help of following and going through all the points listed above.
Find the Frequently Ask Question-Related To Ethiopian Airlines Cancellation & Refund
- If you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking and the scheduled departure of your flight has at least one week's time gap, you'll be liable to get a full refund from your airlines.
- If the cancellation were made after 24 hours of the booking, you'd have to pay the cancellation charges at the cancellation of your ticket.
- If you cancel your ticket a few hours before the departure time, you'll be liable to pay the cancellation charges. The charges will depend upon the fare rule of Ethiopian Airlines.
- In case your flight gets delayed for more than 4 hours due to the airline's fault. You'll be liable to get a full refund on the cancellation of your flight, and the airlines will also provide you complimentary refreshments if the flight got delayed for more than 2 hours till the time you have to wait for the flight.
- If you cancel a non-refundable ticket, you'll be liable to pay $125 as cancellation charges.
Ethiopian Airlines is a wholly government-owned airline and flies people almost all over the world. The airlines prioritize the need and requirements of their customers and provide them with every possible help even if they have to cancel their flights with the airlines due to unavoidable circumstances. Like every other airline, Ethiopian airlines also have a Cancellation policy, and there will be consequences for your ticket cancellation according to the policy. The cancellation policy of Ethiopian Airlines is as follows:
Yes, as per the Ethiopian Airlines 24-hour Cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight ticket within 24 hours of its booking and will be liable to get a full refund provided the booking was made at least a week or more prior to the departure date of the flight. Ethiopian Airlines will provide you with a full refund if the above-given information gets fulfilled. The airlines can change this 24 hours cancellation possible anytime as per their desire. If the cancellation was made within 2 hours of the flight booking, but the flight was booked within seven days from the scheduled departure, you'll also be required to pay cancellation charges as the airlines may be deemed fit.
The cancellation charges of Ethiopian Airlines would lie between $100 to $500 if you made the cancellation request after the 24 hours of booking, as you lost the time of risk-free cancellation that is within 24 hours of your flight booking, However, suppose you cancel your flight with the Ethiopian flight 24 hours before the scheduled departure time. In the case of cancellation 24 hours before the scheduled departure, you are bound to pay a fee of $100 to $400 depending upon the Ethiopian Airlines fare policy. The cancellation fees generally depend on many factors such as route, time of cancellation, fare type, and many other matters related to your itinerary. Also, you can request a refund after the completion of the cancellation process for the remaining amount of your flight ticket, if any.
The ticket refund depends upon the type of ticket and the time of cancellation of the ticket. And in case of reservation through a third party, i.e., an agent, you are required to contact your agent to proceed with the cancellation and refund process.
However, you'll be eligible to get the full refund on the cancellation if the cancellation was made within 2 hours of the booking and the booking was made at least seven days or more before the scheduled departure date. Suppose the purchase was made by using a credit card. In that case, the refund will be initiated to the credit card only and will be credited within seven business days of the request, and the credit card company will get the refund to you as per their terms and conditions. If the tickets were purchased in cash, then the customer can choose between the given mode other than cash. They will be comfortable having their refund, and the refund will be credited to the provided mode of payment within ten business days of the request. The Ethiopian airline's refund time is between three to four weeks, depending on the chosen model to get a refund. The details required to initiate the refund needs to be accurate, so you are advised to fill out the refund details carefully.
Can We Change Flight Destination after Booking in AirAsia?
Cheapflightinfo, Sep 15 , 23Cheapflightinfo Travel Tips:Is it possible to Change Air Asia Flight ticket Destination After Booking? No, passengers are not aRead More
How Much Does It Cost to Change a Flight with Saudi Airlines?
Cheapflightinfo, Sep 13 , 23Cheapflightinfo Travel Tips:Saudi Airlines, otherwise known as Saudi Arabian Airlines that, is based in Saudi Arabia. So, when yRead More