Yes, as per the Covid policy of WestJet, you are required to go through the Covid testing and show a negative RT-PCR report at the airport.
Due to the ongoing covid restrictions, many airlines have strict guidelines that a passenger needs to follow while at the airport premises or in the air.
Westjet Covid Guidelines
Therefore if you are wondering Does WestJet require Covid test, then yes, they do. This should be made mandatory for all the airlines in the aviation industry, given the need of the hour.
Many destinations have pre-travel requirements such as filling up the registration forms, Covid testing and quarantining on arrival.
Please be ready to show your Covid-19 test result and proof of vaccination required by your destination. If travelling outside of Canada, WestJet recommends checking travel requirements before your return flight home since regulations around testing and quarantining may have changed while you have been away.
Westjet Covid Requirements
For further details regarding Westjet covid requirements, you can check the website of WestJet and be sure to keep a tab on the pre-departure emails for the airlines’ latest travel policies and updates.
- Make sure your passport or Government-issued ID is not expired.
- Then you are advised to download the WestJet app from App Store or Google Play.
- Keep a check on your pre-departure emails.
- Preferably plan to arrive at the airport early as gates and food & beverage options may have moved or changed.
- Take a mask or two as it is required at the airport, inflight and in-destination
- Take hand sanitiser
- While onboard the WestJet flight, you need to wear a mask or preferably two, as you are required to wear one throughout the journey.
- WestJet also provides Covid-19 travel insurance, which, if you take, covers the bills of your quarantine stay and treatment for Covid as well.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory at all times while in the airport and on board at all times.
- Extra safety measures benefit everyone; that is why when you check-in for your flight, you are required to complete the health questionnaire required by Transport Canada and while at the airport, you will have your temperature taken by a contactless method.
Maintaining physical distance and enhanced cleaning measures are in place.
Westjet Covid Testing for Domestic Flights
Therefore if you are wondering about the Westjet covid testing for domestic flights then follow the steps mentioned below-
The way we travel has become very different due to Covid-19. Rules and requirements in place can change quickly. That is why it is important to review the current Covid-19 travel policies for masking, boarding and contact tracing and the travel requirements applicable to you based on the country that issued the travel documents.
If your travel plans are hindered by Covid-19, WestJet’s flexible change/cancel policy may apply.
WestJet continues to adjust the schedules to meet demand and the changing COVID-19 environment. You can view the airline’s domestic and international schedules for the most up-to-date information. Therefore this was all about the Westjet covid policy. If you have any doubts regarding the same, please feel free to contact via how do i get through to Westjet an expert at WestJet customer service.
Westjet Covid Rules For Domestic Flights
Passengers who are flying with WestJet airlines can visit the official website of WestJet to check the travel requirements and restrictions. Westjet airlines have a tool through which passengers can check their travel restrictions by visiting the safety section from the homepage. Alternatively, you can also refer to the covid regulations of WestJet airlines given down below:
- Passengers are required to wear a mask all the time besides eating and drinking. Wearing a mask at the airport and onboard is mandatory for All the WestJet staff and passengers.
- Make sure you always carry the proof of vaccination, as the WestJet staff could ask you to show the vaccination certificate at any point in time.
- N95 masks with exhalation valves are not valid as per the policy.
- Children under the age of 2 years are not required to wear a mask.
- Passengers need to arrive a little earlier than the usual arrival time on the departure day.
- Passengers are required to get tested before getting on board. Despite being fully vaccinated, passengers must show negative test results to fly with WestJet airlines.
- You are advised to use hand sanitizers frequently.
- Passengers are requested to opt for online check-in to avoid waiting in the long queues at the airport.
WestJet Cancellation Policy
- As per the 24-hour risk-free cancellation policy of WestJet airlines, passengers will not get charged with any penalty if they cancel their flight within 24 hours of booking.
- Passengers need to cancel their flight within 24 hours and seven days prior to the departure date to get a full refund of the flight tickets.
- Passengers can claim te full refund if they cannot board the flight due to reasons like the death of a family member. However, you need to show the necessary documents to claim the refund.
- If WestJet cancels your flight from their side due to reasons like delay and emergency, then they are responsible for giving you the entire refund.
- Non-refundable ticket cancellations will get refunded in the form of travel credits that is redeemable on your next booking with WestJet.
- A cancellation fee is imposed on the flight cancellation that is initiated after 24 hours of booking.
- The refund of your canceled reservation with WestJet depends on the eligibility of your ticker type.
Westjet Covid Seating
Travel has become a bit different since the covid 19 outbreak; passengers can select their seats before flying with WestJet. You can select the seats by visiting the manage booking section of WestJet airline’s official website; a person can select their seats until 24 hours of scheduled departure. However, the seating policy keeps on changing as per the covid guidelines and situation. You can check the seat selection policy from the official website of Westjet before your flight.
Westjet Rapid Testing
The WestJet airlines and Vancouver travel authority has declared that the rapid antigen testing for screening of passengers at the time of travel is quick, cost-efficient, and practical as well. However, different destinations require different testings that you can check by visiting the official website of WestJet airlines. The test reports must include your name, date of testing, a result stating whether you are negative or positive, a stamp from the concerned health person, and a valid ID. To get further details, you may reach out to the customer care executive of WestJet airlines via phone call, email, social networking platforms, and live chat.