When pets have become quite a part of people’s lives, they are taken everywhere humans go. Whether it is a party or a small gathering with friends, people take their pets to every single place they visit.
Since pets are so important for humans, humans are often found travelling with their pets. It would surely be difficult to travel with a dog or a cat by other modes of transport, however, air travel has made it easier. Airlines provide pet-friendly policies to their customers. Although the pet policies of airlines are subjected to some terms and conditions, the policies are not very rigid.
Some of the airlines like Southwest Airlines provide the best policy to their customers. So, if you are planning to fly with Southwest Airlines with your Dogs, then there is no need to worry about that much. Continue reading to know what Southwest Airlines Pet Policy is.
Southwest Airlines Pet Policy-
- Small domestic cats and dogs that are vaccinated are allowed to fly with you on Southwest Airlines and they will be placed under the seat that is in front of you.
- You cannot take your Dogs to fly with Southwest Airlines on international flights. Southwest does not allow pets on international flights.
- The basis of making the pets fly on Southwest Airlines is “first come, first served” basis. Only six pets are allowed on a flight, so the six pets that come first are allowed to fly with Southwest Airlines.
- Sometimes, as the circumstances allow, Southwest may permit more than six pets on a scheduled flight.
- Pets are checked-in at the ticket counter of the airport only. However, customers can check-in at the airport kiosk, or online or at the ticket counters of the airport.
Restrictions on Pet Travel by Southwest Airlines-
- A Dog is not allowed to travel without a customer on a Southwest flight.
- Pets are also not allowed to travel with an unaccompanied minor.
- Someone who is travelling with a pet cannot choose an exit row or a seat that has no front under-seat stowage to place the in-cabin pet carrier of their pet.
- Pets are not permitted as checked-baggage, they are only carried in the cabin.
- The age limit is set to 8 months for cats and dogs to fly with Southwest Airlines.
- The animals that are allowed on the flight must be harmless, odorless, well-behaved and not disruptive.
- Oxygen masks may not be available for cats and dogs in case of an emergency.
- The health or well-being of the pets that are carried on a flight is not the liability of Southwest Airlines.
These are some of the restrictions imposed by Southwest on Pet Policy. Now, let’s find out how much does it cost to fly with a dog on Southwest?
Dogs Fees imposed by Southwest Airlines-
- You will have to pay $95 Pet Fare for each way on Southwest Airlines to fly with your Dog.
- You may also buy the official pet carrier of Southwest at $58.
So, the above discussion is the answer to your question: how do I fly with my dog on Southwest? For further information, contact the customer service of Southwest Airlines or reach the official website of Southwest Airlines.
Know About Pet Policy Fees by Southwest Airlines and More Details?
Are you seeking for information on the pet policy fees that you must pay to Southwest Airlines, as well as how to avoid it and more? If so, you may get all the details you need about Southwest Airlines' pet policy fees and more by reading the information provided below.
How Much Pet Policy Fees Charged by Southwest Airlines?
If you need to know how much Southwest Airlines pet policy fees you have to pay, kindly find the right information below.
- The pet policy fees of bringing a pet carrier for each passenger on a one-way flight is $95.
- This pet policy fees is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to future travel dates if utilized.
Learn How Can You Avoid Paying the AA Pet Fees?
Do you want to know that how to avoid AA pet fees? In that case, you can find out the details for avoiding the AA pet fees from below.
- The simplest way to avoid pet fees is using the right credit card, such as the Capital One Venture Rewards, which earns you points that can be redeemed to pay for pet fees.
- You can also utilize Chase Sapphire Reserve cards, which come with a $300 travel credit, to avoid paying pet fees by redeeming points.
Learn The Process for Pet Reservations on Southwest Airlines?
In case, you are wondering that how to make reservations for pets on Southwest Airlines, you can find the right details here. The correct procedure for making a pet reservation on Southwest Airlines is mentioned below.
- By calling 1-800-435-9792, you can make a pet reservation for a domestic flight in advance.
- You can also make same-day pet reservations by paying for them at the airport check-in counter before proceeding towards the departure gate.
- You have to $58 for an official pet carrier, which can be purchased online, or at airport ticket counter.
What are terms and conditions for Southwest Airlines Pet policy?
Southwest Airlines permits you to fly with your Dog, but there are certain restrictions that you should be aware of if you plan to do so, as detailed below.
- Small vaccinated pets, such as cats and dogs, are allowed in the cabin and can be stored beneath the front seat.
- You must keep your pet in a suitable carrier bag for travel; otherwise, you are not permitted to bring your pet in cabin, or as checked baggage.
- Maximum 6 pets are allowed in every flight, and each passenger can only bring one pet carrier on the same aircraft.
- They accept pets on a first-come, first-served basis until the complete capacity is reached.
- Passengers on Southwest Airlines should bring their Dogs in a carrier bag with no larger than 17x9.5x10 inches in size.
Complete information about the pet policy as well as the fees for Southwest Airlines are mentioned above. In addition, you may receive assistance by directly contacting the Southwest Airlines customer support service to learn more about the pet policy or any other travel-related details you require to understand.