Can I Transfer Points To Someone Else's Southwest Account?
All the passengers who want to save some extra can enroll themselves in the southwest airlines' rapid reward program. For doing so, there is no extra fee involved, and anyone can be a member for free from the official website of Southwest Airlines. The rapid reward points in your southwest account are transferrable; hence anyone can send them to other rapid reward account holders. However, you must know that the process is non-reversible once it's done. Here is the step by step instructions on how you can transfer your points to other accounts on southwest airlines:
- Launch the official southwest website on your desktop with the help of a desktop or smartphone.
- Locate the rapid reward option from the top screen and click on it to log in to your account using the account login credentials.
- Go to the 'manage' tab and click on the 'buy or transfer points' option.
- You need to select the appropriate rapid reward transaction on the 'buy, gift transfer' page.
- You will be taken to the transfer page, so enter the details of the beneficiary, like email, name, and phone number.
- Submit your request by following prompted steps, and you will receive the confirmation; then, soon, the other person will receive your points in their account.
However, you need to make sure that the other person has an existing account of rapid reward with southwest airlines and if they are not a member yet, then make sure to tell them to create an account.
How Long Does It Take To Transfer Southwest Points To Another Person?
As per the policy of rapid rewards by Southwest Airlines, the transferred points transaction could take up to 72 hours to reflect in another person's reward account. The rapid reward points are non-reversible. The other person immediately receives them upon transferring, but if you haven't got the points in your account, wait for at least 72 hours before escalating the issue.
Does Southwest Charge To Transfer Points?
Southwest airlines members can purchase rapid rewards, transfer, gifted, or donate to others. All the actions have different procedures, which a member can manage through the official southwest airline's rapid reward section. Moreover, transferring your reward points to another member's account could cost you money. As per the rapid reward policy, southwest airlines charges 1 cent onwards per point transfer to another account holder. So if possible, you can avoid transferring the reward points and use them yourself.
How Much Do Southwest Airlines Charge To Transfer Points?
- The minimum southwest rapid reward point transfer is 1000 points per member.
- Rapid reward, members will be charged USD 10 on each transfer of 1000 points.
- The southwest points transfer charges hover around so that members can expect a USD 50 to USD 75 change on the 5000 points transfer as per the policy.
- The airline charges 1 to 1.5 cents on each point transfer to another rapid reward member.
- Passengers can transfer their points to another account seamlessly through the official website of Southwest Airlines.
Make sure to go through the rapid reward policy of southwest airlines thoroughly before deciding on transfer points, as it could cost you to lose more than half the value of your whole transferred points to another member. In case of any further doubts, you can communicate with Southwest airline's customer service using the phone call option, email, social media, and chat support.