Cheapflightinfo Travel Tips:
General Guidelines on Westjet Airlines Flight Change
Passengers sometimes want to chafe their flight due to unavoidable circumstances. In such cases, if you have a booking with WestJet airlines and now you wish to change your flight, then refer to the information given below. The Westjet airlines flight change process can be done in many ways like online with the help of the official website, through the customer support team of WestJet airlines, or via visiting the airport WestJet counter. Hence this article will focus on a few ways in which you can get help regarding flight change.
Can WestJet Change My Flight?
Yes, WestJet allows the passengers to change their flight reservations and provides flexibility in-flight changes that are done within 24 hours of booking. As per the flight change policy of WestJet airlines, passengers can make changes at no extra cost within 24 hours of booking. The changes like name correction, date change, destination change, seat upgrade, extra baggage are allowed under the flight change procedure of WestJet airlines.
However, if the passenger changes their flight after 24 hours of booking, they might have to pay a nominal flight change fee that depends on the policy of the WestJet airlines. Changes on WestJet flight can be made up to 2 hours from the time of departure, so make sure you make all the changes accordingly.
What is the Cost To Change A Flight on WestJet?
Westjet charges zero fees on the flight changes that are made within24 hours of booking, but there is a fee applicable on the changes that are done after the 24 hours risk-free period with WestJet airlines. You may consider looking at the information as follows:
- $39 to $94 is applicable on the flight changes done 60 days prior to departure of all destinations except Europe; the charges depend on the flight class.
- $94 to $319 applies to the flight changes done 60 days before departure within the flights between Canada and Europe.
- $90 to $99 is applicable on the flight changes that are done within 60 days of departure day towards all the destinations except Europe.
- $94 to $199 is applicable as the flight change fee on the bookings that are modified within 60 days of departure of all the flights between Canada and Europe.
- Fare changes must be paid if the new fare rate is higher than the original ticket, along with the flight change fee if the passenger makes changes after 24 hours of risk-free booking.
Westjet Airlines Flight Change Policy
The flight change policy of WestJet airlines is given down below:
- As per the 24-hour risk-free policy of WestJet airlines, passengers can make changes for free in their flight reservations with WestJet airlines.
- A flight change fee is applicable on the reservation that is being changed after 24 hours of booking.
- The flight change fee depends on the ticket condition and type.
- All the flight changes are subject to availability with WestJet airlines.
- Passengers can make changes in their flight reservations manually by visiting the official website of WestJet. The manage booking section could help passengers make changes to their existing tickets.
- Name changes on the flight tickets are not allowed. However, passengers can make corrections in their names by showing certain documents.
- If the fare amount of your newly booked flight is higher than the original fare price, then the remaining value has to be paid by the passenger.
- If the fare amount of the new flight ticket is lower than the previous ticket, then the remaining value will be transferred back to the original payment mode.
- Changes in your flight reservations are allowed up to 2 hours prior to the departure time.
- The flight changes are not allowed if the flight has been departed on the journey date.
Westjet Change Travel Dates Procedure
Passengers can reschedule their flight with WestJet airlines, as the WestJet airlines understand the passenger's situation and provide this flexibility in-flight changes. You may refer to the step by step procedure of changing dates on your flight reservation with WestJet airlines:
- First and foremost, launch the official website of WestJet airlines with the help of your desktop or mobile phone on a default web browser.
- Now click on the manage trips tab on the homepage and visit the manage flights section from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your reservation code and last name on the following page and click on the search button.
- Your WestJet flight details will appear on the next window, so here you need to locate the flight change option and click on it.
- Now make the changes in your date and follow the on-screen instructions till it takes you to the payments page.
- Now make the necessary payment to get your updated tickets on the registered mailing id.
- You can download the ticket to get the boarding passes on the day of the journey.
Other than making the changes on your own through the official WestJet airlines or How do I speak to someone at WestJet, passengers can contact the customer support team and request them for a flight change. The customer executives of Westjet are 24/7 available on customer care toll-free number, chat, or social media account like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. So passengers may reach out to live representatives for further help regarding dates changes in their flight with WestJet airlines.
Westjet Change Name on Ticket Policy
Changing the full name is not allowed on the flights with WestJet airlines, but passengers can make corrections in their name. For further more details, please refer to the name change policy of WestJet airlines highlighted below:
- If you want to change the name on your flight for free of cost, then make all the changes on the same day of booking. As per the 24-hour risk-free policy of WestJet airlines, passengers can make changes within 24 hours of their flight at no extra cost.
- A flight change fee is applicable on the flight changes made after 24 hours of booking.
- Name corrections of up to 3 letters are allowed on the flight tickets.
- The name change fee increases as the departure date approach, so make sure to do it soon.
- Changes on the flight are subject to availability with the WestJet airlines. The authorized person has to approve your name change request, and the passengers are required to show relevant documents to change the name.
- All the changes in your flight regarding name, date, flight cabin, and destination must be done prior to 2 hours of the flight's departure.
- A name change can be done via the official Westjet airlines website or through the customer support team of WestJet airlines.
Most of you ask “Will WestJet airlines let you change your flight?” So for your information, yes, you can change your flight with WestJet. But there will be a difference in your flight prices according to the changes that you make or the type of seat class you want for your flight ticket.
To change a flight on WestJet, all you have to do is go to the WestJet official website and after logging in, visit the “manage booking” option and then you can change your flight by changing the departure and arrivals. Price differences may apply when you make your payment.
If you are wondering “How long before a WestJet flight can you change it?” to let you know, you can change your flight up to 1.5-2 hours before the departure of your flight easily without any hassles.
If you change your flight or if the Airlines come across some schedule change or if there is any schedule delay, the airlines will provide you the refund only when a passenger is not willing to travel in the flight. So many of you think Can I change my WestJet flight and get money back? You can only get your money back when you choose not to travel.
Yes, If you find any trouble regarding your flight change, you can also get in touch with one of the WestJet agents and can directly make a call (1-805-372-0680) regarding your flight change through the WestJet customer service.
So, the most frequently asked question of many of you is “Can WestJet change my flight?” has been answered above. You can go through the above guide to know about the flight change and many more things so that you can make your travel with WestJet Airlines without any hassle.
How Do I Upgrade my Southwest Flight to Business Select?
Cheapflightinfo, Jan 30 , 23Cheapflightinfo Travel Tips:Southwest Airlines Business Class Upgrade Seat upgrade is the option that is available for each pasRead More
How Do I Call United Airlines Customer Service from Mexico?
Cheapflightinfo, Jan 24 , 23Cheapflightinfo Travel Tips:A Brief Understanding of United Airlines in Mexico United airlines provide enormous flight deals toRead More
How Long Before A Qatar Flight Can You Check-in Online?
Cheapflightinfo, Jan 19 , 23Cheapflightinfo Travel Tips:Accumulate Details on Qatar Airways Flight Check-in? Generally, check-in is the best way passengersRead More