- Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
Helpline for Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy +1-805-372-0680
Cheapflightinfo Travel Tips:
What is the Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy?
Southwest Airlines is an ultra-low-cost airline of USA. Everyday a lot of people travel to and from USA to different locations in the world as well as between the geographical boundaries of the country. From the major destinations of Asia to Europe and Africa, Southwest Airlines has a very strong connection of air traffic.
Cancelling reservations in Southwest Airlines
Assume that you have got reservations in Southwest Airlines, but now you have to cancel the reservations then you can easily follow Southwest Airlines cancellation policy. Its okay to cancel plans because of any unannounced urgency and Southwest totally understand this issue of passengers. If you are new passenger of Southwest and don’t know how to cancel flight, follow below steps.
Steps to cancel the flight
- To cancel flight, you can click manage bookings option first on the official website
- Next tap on cancel reservations and enter your booking number
- Scroll for your flight details and cancel flight reservations and you will be done.
Southwest Cancellation policies
Before cancelling flights, you can go through the certain policies of Southwest through which you can easily cancel flights. To find out, tap below.
Flight paid via cash or using miles
- If you have booked flight today via cash and now cancel it within 24 hours then you will not be charged with any cancellation fees.
- Or if you cancel flights on the last moment, then you will be charged with some fee depending upon the type of ticket fare.
- In case you miss flight, then airline will not be responsible for any kind of cancellation or refund.
- Apart from cancelling flights online, you can also cancel your flight with the help of call or visiting ticketing office.
Cancelling Wanna Go Away Flight
Southwest Airline’s wanna go away tickets have the lowest fares ever. People mostly prefer these tickets only for their short trips. If you want to cancel your Southwest Airlines wanna getaway flight, then there are certain rules which are stricter than normal cancellation policies. To find out about the rules, tap below.
- If you are cancelling your wanna go away flights then you can do it till 10 minutes before the flight departs.
- If you pay by cash then the refund coming will be the same way but if you have paid through points then the refund will be credited back in the points account.
- In case you decide not to fly then you will not be eligible for any kind of refund under no show policy.
Cancellation of flights under business class
- The cancellation policy of flights booked in business class is quite lenient. If your flights booked get cancelled within time then your entire refund will come back on time.
- Or if you miss your flight then you will receive a travel credit that you can use for booking another flight in Southwest.
Cancelling Gift Cards or Award Flights
- Gift cards are mostly the flights which are issued as award in an event for free to the winner. In case you choose to cancel your Award flights then you might have to forget the refunds since there is no provision for refund in it.
Refund policies of Southwest Airlines
- All the refunds, irrespective of the fare will be refunded within seven days of reservations.
- For refund you can either accept cash or travel credit to book another flight. The validity of travel credit will only be eligible for one year from the issue date.
- Refund will be calculated only after deducting the cancellation charges that is different for the various destinations and fares.
And hence that’s all for the terms and conditions for cancelling flights of Southwest Airlines. In case you want to change your flight, you can even do that. But remember there is some Southwest Airlines flight change fee. And if you have any doubt then contact customer care.